1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mothball

mothball Senior member

I don't have any newer AE shell to compare them to, but here are my 2 year old shell Dundees:

[​IMG]

I just placed an order for another pair in black; I'm excited to see them.

2. zchen

zchen Senior member

Are those truffle color?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  3. mothball

mothball Senior member

Just #8. I wish I had grabbed the truffle when it was available.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  4. sellran

sellran Senior member

Do the shell cordovan belts ever go on sale?

5. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Thank you bucksfan, and I hope you receive a fantastic pair of boots! Hopefully Horween can catch up with the shell shortage sooner than later.

Somehow I don't own any longwings yet [​IMG] and those look fantastic. Thanks for the pictures, that texture contrast and chili color is perfect for longwings IMO, I really like those a lot.

Those have aged absolutely beautifully, and look fantastic. I hope mine do as well. Great picture too. Congrats on the black shell Dundee's coming!

6. horsey shoes

horsey shoes Senior member

Congrats on the Regents Spitshine123. The leather texture contrast and Chili color are beautiful.

Agreed, the Cronmoks originally did not have much appeal to me in the stock photos, but I may be in for a pair of tan ones based on the supplement picture you shared.
    I heard from an SA here in Dallas that the Cronmok would be in the Rediscover sale, so double confirmed they should be available on sale soon.
    I also heard AE will do a Fall 2.0 launch at some point, so there is still hope for those bourbon shells!

7. mikeman

mikeman Senior member

So yesterday I went and tried on some Macneils in a 9.5D. Everything felt fine, minus the left being slightly tight in the ball of my foot. Looking back I should have tried a 9.5B.
    Based on what I told you, do you think I should try a B or just stick with a D?

8. plei89

plei89 Senior member

If the D was tight on the ball, why would you go for a B, which is tighter?

9. Jigg

Jigg Senior member

I've noticed this in my shoe after 2 wears. Is something like this normal? I don't think it looks good. [​IMG]

10. izzyfuld

izzyfuld Well-Known Member

The bulging heel-cap is what's bothering you?

11. m7ia

m7ia Active Member

Quick question: I wear an 8D for my AE Weybridges, what size should I go for for a Neumok? I was thinking 7.5D but some have said go down a full size instead (i.e. 7D).

Thanks!

PS Also, if I wanted to buy now, should I go with Amazon and use the $50 off mentioned earlier (expires 9/19), or should I wait for AE's own sale?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  12. Mooseiah

Mooseiah Member

I am an 11D, and I went TTS on my Neumok and the fit is pretty ideal. The are on a long/narrow last, so depending on if your feet run a hair wide for a D, it may make sense to go a half size down, and up one in width. Since they are unlined, your toe shape could show through the shoe if they were a bit too tight. I had this initially but after wearing them a couple times they stretched enough for it to not be obvious. Also when you get them, the should fit a bit tight, and it will be tough to get the laces closed tight. I had a good bit of a gap on mine (Aesthetically sloppy) and almost returned them before wearing, but after one day of wearing they loosened up a good bit and really do fit how they should.

13. Jigg

Jigg Senior member

The bulge and the break right in the center. Not sure what it's called.

14. ElDave

ElDave Senior member

The new Cronmok is the most hideous dress boot available, both in name and aesthetics. Puny wing, distressed leather on a bal, etc - just awful.

15. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Can't agree more here.

16. m7ia

m7ia Active Member

Thanks for the advice; I think my foot is relatively narrow though I am a D, so I will try my actual size. I'll let you know how it goes.

17. m7ia

m7ia Active Member

They also have 20% off for signing up for their shoes email list. Not sure if it is stackable. Try doing it in various orders.

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_lin...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1397074842&pf_rd_i=507846

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  18. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

It's not for me, and it's not a dress boot. Thank goodness AE's website description acknowledges it is for casual use. Other than the fact that it is a balmoral, it screams casual, as in very very casual. A balmoral casual boot is curious.

19. Foldtold

Foldtold Well-Known Member

I need some assistance with selections. I browse through ebay and I've seen a lot of nice brand new ones on auction for around 100 or so. Are they really that cheap? I really like the park avenues..

20. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Horsey bourbon shell would be very hard to pass up.....

In addition to the description on the website acknowledgement that it is a casual boot the supplemental catalog front page picture background is any place other than a dress environment. Jeans with Filson black weekender oilcloth jacket and hat, yes it would certainly work in the right place. For the right person and crowd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.