• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are they firsts or seconds?

If first quality, I would take them back and get a new pair.

If it goes away with black polish, why go to the hassle? He's not going to put them on display in a glass container and never wear them.

jjr4884

Reaction score
Here's a picture:

no offense.. but really? if you can fix it, try it... a little speck like that will be covered at all times, not to mention some polish will probably take care of it.

i understand these shoes are expensive and should be perfect, but human error is ineviteable. The first eyelit on my walnut strands is a solid 1/8'th of an inch off, and it is punctured noticeably closer to the tongue... bothered me at first but if i didn't realize it the day i bought the shoes, well i will live with it

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

no offense.. but really?  if you can fix it, try it... a little speck like that will be covered at all times, not to mention some polish will probably take care of it. 

i understand these shoes are expensive and should be perfect, but human error is ineviteable.  The first eyelit on my walnut strands is a solid 1/8'th of an inch off, and it is punctured noticeably closer to the tongue... bothered me at first but if i didn't realize it the day i bought the shoes, well i will live with it

Keep it. You can use black shoe cream (cream has more dye than polish) or go straight for black dye. Use a q-tip if you are worried about being precise. This will take you 2 minutes or you can send it back to AE, have them probably do the same procedure (I assume), and you'll get it back 2 weeks later.

Jigg

Reaction score
no offense.. but really? if you can fix it, try it... a little speck like that will be covered at all times, not to mention some polish will probably take care of it.

i understand these shoes are expensive and should be perfect, but human error is ineviteable. The first eyelit on my walnut strands is a solid 1/8'th of an inch off, and it is punctured noticeably closer to the tongue... bothered me at first but if i didn't realize it the day i bought the shoes, well i will live with it

Not offended at all, these were a replacement for a scuffed pair they sent me so my first 2 experiences weren't so great.
Wanted to check in here as you're the experts.

jjr4884

Reaction score
Not offended at all, these were a replacement for a scuffed pair they sent me so my first 2 experiences weren't so great.
Wanted to check in here as you're the experts.

Ha... i understand your frustrations then if this is the 2nd time... but ya, i would try to polish it and cover it up. It if was somewhere on the toe, i would send them back, but considering the location... throw some polish on there and call it a day. Even if it doesn't work to the extent you hope, you can sleep at night by convincing yourself that these are one off custom shoes that have a very small defect for you and you only LOL

DJTraveler

Reaction score
What have people's experiences been with the new 333 last sizing? I've heard that some people have had to size down .5; i.e. going from a 9.5D to a 9D. Thanks.

Pastor

Reaction score

What have people's experiences been with the new 333 last sizing?  I've heard that some people have had to size down .5; i.e. going from a 9.5D to a 9D.  Thanks.

That's what I did. 9.5E to a 9E

itsmejson

Reaction score
I just received a pair of new park aves 9.5E and I am getting a little bit of heel slipping. the heel feels
a little bit loose when I am just standing. Do you think that I should size down to a 9E? I am afraid
that if I go to that size that it may be too small?

Wrenkin

Reaction score

I just received a pair of new park aves 9.5E and I am getting a little bit of heel slipping.  the heel feels
a little bit loose when I am just standing.  Do you think that I should size down to a 9E?  I am afraid 
that if I go to that size that it may be too small?

Many people go down a length and up a width from their "normal" size on the PA to prevent this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads