Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PK35216

PK35216 Senior member

[​IMG]

Thanks. Here is a shot from the wild. I wore them one day to work after just receiving them and before doing any of the treatments described in my post.

2. PK35216

PK35216 Senior member

A few pics from the past few weeks.

Tan McTavishes. Great shoe. Get compliments all the time.

[​IMG]

A dark image of the Brown Neumoks. Love this shoe. Very comfortable. Colored laces. You must see these in person. I'll try to post some better pics.

[​IMG]

Burgundy Shell Cambridges. Ebay pick up. My first shells. Pics are a little dark, sorry.

[​IMG]

Walnut BB 5th Ave. Great shoe. I didn't bother messing with the striations on one toe. I figured they would even out with some Walnut polishings over time. Still very new. For the previous poster, here are some shots of the soles and insole of the BB versions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I think that's the best price you're going to get on first quality cordovan shoes. The seconds were going for $299, IIRC.

4. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked and saw the Pisa loafer on sale. This might be the shoe that will satisfy my rant from before. :D I'd like a slightly lower profile rubber sole, but this might be pretty good. I figure I can always go to a different resole at recrafting time; one of the selling points of the Bologna construction from AE is that they even have a recrafting service.

[​IMG]

Also, the cordovan sale shoes showed up briefly on the clearance webpage. They were showing at full price, and are gone now. I suspect they forgot to change the price and are updating; might be able to see the models on sale online later.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012

5. SouthNarc

SouthNarc Senior member

Thanks buddy! All I did was use one coat of Saphir Reno, followed by one thin coat of Saphir medium brown creme, followed by two thin coats of Saphir medium brown wax. That's it for products. I bulled the toe cap (took about ten minutes per shoe) and then finish with a nylon stocking. I've had really good luck shining all my AEs with this procedure.

6. Teapot418

Teapot418 Well-Known Member

How much of a step up are the Malverns from Amoks? I can't really afford the Malverns right now, but I'd like to know if I should wait a couple weeks for payday or just get the Amoks.

7. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

Did you check them on the website? 3 out of the 4 Malverns are going for $249 instead of $335. The Amoks are nice, but if I'm spending that kind of money, I'll go with calf. I am perfectly happy with my $100 Clarks that are quite similar to the Amoks.

8. Teapot418

Teapot418 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was going to just get the clearance Amoks at $125 until I saw the Malverns on sale. Now I'm also considering saving for the suede Malverns.

9. blukoi

blukoi Member

I am looking for a pair or brown Wendell's 10.5D. They have been discontinued.
    Any idea how I can find a pair. Ebay is an option, and I'm keeping my eyes open.

10. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

Thanks for the info on the shell cordovan in retail stores. It also turns out they are selling seconds for $299 right now.

11. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

What shoe care is recommended for the blue Neumoks?

12. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

This is good news, I'm thinking of the Bradleys. Any experience with the Bradley in cordovan?

13. fiestaplatypus

fiestaplatypus Senior member

Just phone ordered the Jefferson and the Rutledge, thanks in part to SouthNarc's photos and the reccomendations in this thread. Probably would not have given the Rutledge a chance, had I not seen those pics. They were even able to get me them at the sale price, which supposedly ended yesterday. $259 each.

Thanks everyone.

14. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Just went to the AE website to buy some Elgins on sale, but unfortunately since they're on close out they only have like two sizes.

Damn. Missed the boat apparently.

15. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Call the Shoebank and ask if there is anything in your size at a store. There very well may be a store somewhere with your size in stock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.