Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

What's your shine technique? I've got 8 pairs of AE's and shine them all the same. Some come out looking like mirrors, some come out looking just slightly less matte.

2. Mimosa

Mimosa Well-Known Member

How did you get "navy calf" as a custom option. I don't see it as a selection on the AE site?

Mim

3. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Looks sharp!

4. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Placed my order at an AE store, they allow more options that way. You can probably call the company and place your order that way too.

5. ElDave

ElDave Senior member

I have both the Boston and the Lombard. The Boston is a nice looking shoe and, while not uncomfortable, it is nowhere near the comfort of my other AEs.

The Lombard is well worth $120. I have it in merlot and it looks very nice with dark, slim denim. I wear business casual and it has become one of my go-to shoes. Where is it $120? I would consider buying it in another color.

6. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Boots look great with skinny jeans. Fat short legs on the other hand, do not.

Congratulations on the Navy Mora's! On my screen they come across as a Midnight Blue. Very nice indeed! Enjoy them in good health.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  7. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

They do look sharp when new, don't they? I'm glad I snapped some pics of mine before wearing as well. Nice job on the shine.

8. JubeiSpiegel

I defer to the master on shining matters :fistbump:

9. JubeiSpiegel

The original calf leather looked more navy, it looks like the Saphire navy polish is a little darker than the original leather. It will suffice :D

10. JubeiSpiegel

Some selection help please. I seem to be on a roll buying AE shoes, i would like to pick up just one more pair for the time being. So far from AE i have the Park Avenue in black, Strand in walnut, Mora in navy, and Kenilworth in brown.

I would like to get the Malvern in brown suede, or the Verona in black. But i have questions about both, specifically, how does suede react to creasing, and how durable is the thin sole on Italian style Verona? I live in Florida, so i might get more use out of the Verona, but i have also been looking for more casual shoes.

Any suggestions would help, thanks in advance.

11. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Just a heads up, guys: I'm selling a pair of BNIB burgundy Lombards in 9D, and I'll be making a thread in BS later today. Asking price is $175.

12. GHo

GHo Senior member

you just get these off ebay (like in the last 4 or so days)? We were probably bidding against each other if so...

13. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Nah, I actually bought these three months ago, but I've never worn them. I have too many shortwings that I actually wear to keep these, and I want some Alden shell longwings instead :satisfied:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  14. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Senior member

:D Good point. I guess I should clarify. I don't mean that nothing looks good in skinny jeans. No man--no, not even skinny men--can make true true skinny jeans look good, regardless of what is worn with them. By skinny jeans, I mean the ultra tight ones some hipsters wear that are tight even below the knee.

Edit: After looking at this picture more closely, I'm beginning to think that no one should wear skinny jeans, even the fairer sex. Notice how the excessive taper causes the hips of what I'm sure is a waif-thin model to look wide? Just a bit of flair at the ankles would add some balance and mitigate this effect. In sum, skinny jeans are never the best option for anyone; they simply look less awful on attractive women.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  15. REguy

REguy Senior member

Suede doesn't crease like calf or even develop rolls like shell. I'm not saying it has a "memory" like some synthetic material, but it tends to lay pretty flat and return to its original shape.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.