Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimney

jimney Senior member

Is the Nordstrom anniversary sale online? Would I need to worry about stock for any of the Allen Edmonds shoes?

2. Blok

Blok Member

Have you tried 11C? You may already know this, but going up 1/2 size involves going up in both length and width. So going from a 10.5D to 11D will be an increase of 1/2 in length and 1/2 in width. If you want to keep the same width, you can try going from 10.5D to 11.C

Plus, did you get:

• measured while standing up
    • heel to toe measurement
    • heel to ball measurement
    • both foot measured

There is also a limitation on the brannock device. It only measures 2 dimensions while your foot is a 3 dimensional object. Even assuming the length and width of all shoes conform exactly to brannock measurements, you are at the mercy of the shoe last for that third axis.

3. norite

norite Member

Yeah, I'll most likely be one of those who wear suits just sometimes...if even that much. Do you have any suggestions for a black/burgundy/brown pair? I considered getting a burgundy and brown pair but none of the AEs during the Anniversary Sale is those colors besides the Parkways...which I can't find any info on. I figured a pair of LaSalle in Chili would be good enough in terms of the burgundy colorway. I haven't seen in it person so I'm not sure if that's entirely correct.

And are loafers commonly worn by public accounts? I recently purchased a pair of black Bruno Magli (they were comfy!) loafers hoping it's something that wouldn't be deemed too casual.

Thanks for the suggestion regarding the brown 5th Aves!

4. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

black Park Ave for those times you need some more formality. I like both the Mcallister /cambridge and MacNeil for burgundy wingtips.

Loafers are worn all the time in the business world, with suits even. I would not recommend that though.

5. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

I would like to have a rotation of 3 AE shoes, I will eventually add a black pair, I already own the walnut strands. What else would you guys recommend? Here is what I am considering.

Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

Does AE typically have a 4th of july sale?

7. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

Strand in walnut, PA in black. Fifth Avenue in dark brown, and MacNeil in burgundy. The only four dress shoes you really neeed.

8. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

Purchased black & white Broadstreets and brown& blue Finches yesterday. Will post pics when the Broadstreets get here.

9. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

Found these today on the website. I just ordered them in black & white. Am tempted by the brown & walnut. What do you think?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. sazon

sazon Senior member

Took delivery of my Shell Cordovan AE Cambridge this week. A 6 week wait, but well worth it. These babies are competing for my favorite AEs with my Strands.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

Not that I know of, but the last salesman I talked to said they do have a decent sale more towards the end of summer... fingers crossed for the Olive Neumoks... it was a toss up between those and the blue, and the blue won

On a side note, anyone have a clue how/where/if possible it would be to pick up a pair of Evanstons. They have been discontinued for a couple years, now, but I fell in love with them the second I saw a picture of them, and ended up "settling" for the walnut Strands instead ha

12. delmar

delmar Senior member

I like them all but I especially like the brown and walnut too, more contrast. I thought they looked better with khaki pants and blue jeans than the others. Tempting.

13. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Great pick-up. My last pair of AE

14. PopFarmer

PopFarmer Member

Those Cambridge's are absolutely beautiful. I want a pair one day. I would just sit at desk all day looking at them and not get anything done. [​IMG]

15. sazon

sazon Senior member

Thanks Pop

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.