Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

I wear 6.5D Strand so you can imagine how the brogueing can get busy b/c of smaller vamp/toebox proportions. But at the end of the day, I wear mine with confidence. I wouldn't worry about about this but I know others do. Check the WAYWRN or MC Casual thread. I think someone posted a dark brown Strand in action recently...

2. Tyler2106

Tyler2106 Active Member

Quick question -- I'm thinking about buying a pair of Lombard's and was wondering if they could be worn with business attire and casual wear? (ie jeans)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  3. facet

facet Senior member

It's not the Strand but the Parliament is pretty much the same except on a shorter last. These are 7.5D so you can judge for yourself if you think that it's too busy. Myself, I haven't thought twice about them being too busy. As Thanks SF (new to me) stated already, if you wear things with confidence, you can get away with almost anything.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Mora is $450, thats way to expensive

I just read a lot of reviews online pointing out the Boston is uncomfortable and should not be worn as a work shoe :(

I'm still undecided about the Lombard. Is $120 too expensive for a casual shoe? Do you think the lombard will look go with skinny jeans and such?

5. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Senior member

$120 is not too much for a shoe that can be worn with suits and casually. To answer the other part of your question, NOTHING looks good with skinny jeans because skinny jeans are awful.

6. facet

facet Senior member

Situation depending on course.

[​IMG]

7. dieselman89

I should not say skinny jeans, I should say slim fitting jeans such as J Brand/APC.

8. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

To finish up my saga with AE and they recent run-ins with quality issues on my last 2 pairs of shoes, i would like to give an update. I was contacted by a person from the company, and she was very helpful in helping me sort out my problems. Currently, i have both my pair of shoes back, and i'm content with the end results.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I thought some pics were due for the custom order i places of Mora's in navy calf leather. It was a healthy $425 in total, but the shoes look fantastic, and fit a little better than the usual 5 last that i wear. This shoe is a confirmed 8 last, in case anyone needed to gauge fit. Like previously stated, for 10.5 EEE, they look particularity sharp. Now begins the drama of when i should wear then, and for how long :violin:

9. JubeiSpiegel

The Kenilworth now, i still have to shine them up more, but they deserve to be cataloged before i crease up the vamp using them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. dieselman89

I wish I could pull the trigger on the Norwich or Boston, but I've heard bad things about the comfort for both of those shoes. I want some monk straps!

11. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

12. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

JubeiSpiegel, I recommend Prince of Wales check trousers with those blue monks. They will go well with the blue overcheck.

13. NefariousSabatour

NefariousSabatour Senior member

14. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I have the norwich and it's been a nightmare in terms of comfort. I got them replaced for a smaller size, and now im developing blisters on my left ankle.. I think the leather is cut too high (defect). Gonna go back in tomorrow to get them replaced again.

I just can't tell whether it's cause they're not broken in yet, or if monk straps are just naturally uncomfortable. I remember my park aves have always been comfortable, even during the break-in period..

15. JubeiSpiegel

Patrick_b would be proud, nice work friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.