• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mpowered

Reaction score
Do park avenues run long on anyone else? I am a 10.5 in every shoe I own, and my foot measures almost an 11. I got AE Park Ave's in 10.5, and I have a good inch of room in the toe, and they feel a bit loose while wearing thin socks. Not particularly happy thus far.

Last edited:

Storm33

Reaction score
Breaking in the new shell PAs today...

In response to the question above, I had to size down 1/2 size. The funny thing is I didn't have to do that for my Strands, which are also on the 5 last.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do park avenues run long on anyone else? I am a 10.5 in every shoe I own, and my foot measures almost an 11. I got AE Park Ave's in 10.5, and I have a good inch of room in the toe, and they feel a bit loose while wearing thin socks. Not particularly happy thus far.
Park Avenues do tend to run long, as do all shoes on the "5" last. For me, I go down a half size and up one in width.

If you haven't already, you should get your feet measured on a Brannock device. Also get your arch length measured (to the ball of the foot). This is a larger determination of how your foot will fit in the shoe. You may need to go down half a size.

iloveshoes

Reaction score
Im dying waiting for my shell PA's Mcgraws and Randolphs to come. I feel like every day is a month....

iloveshoes

Reaction score

In response to the question above, I had to size down 1/2 size. The funny thing is I didn't have to do that for my Strands, which are also on the 5 last.
awesome shoes!

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When does the summer sale end?

Edit: nevermind, website says July 7th.

Last edited:

spitshine123

Reaction score

As some posters have previously mentioned, shell models on the 5 last seem to fit larger than their calf counterparts. This could be why you had to size down on the park aves.

elbastardocalvo

Reaction score

That just doesn't look right.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are they seconds? I've been told that some seconds receive that designation because the sizing is messed up.

jjr4884

Reaction score
same goes for the nuemoks and cordovan strands i just bought

i am a 10.5 on the left foot, and a 10 on the right on the whatever the hell you call it.... ended up trying on a 9.5D in both, and both fit me perfectly. My walnut strands and mccallisters are 10D's... which are fine, but I realized after a little wear, they loosened up a bit, so I wanted to try a half size down before making another purchase.

M4rtin

Reaction score
Looking for my first serious shoes, getting married :)

Would someone with knowledge know what the difference between Sutter and Kenilworth is ?

Snedley

Reaction score
Looking for my first serious shoes, getting married :)

Would someone with knowledge know what the difference between Sutter and Kenilworth is ?
One's a 3 eyelet and the other a 5. They are also made on different lasts which is really like the shape of the foot/shoe. And I wouldn't be too concerned with lasts despite all of the talk on here about them. Just try on AE in you proper size and width and see how they feel and forget worrying about lasts. perhaps certain shapes (lasts) may fit some people better than other lasts but I can tell you that I can wear any AE nshoe and as long as it's in my size and width it will fit well. BTW, I'd get the 3 eyelet shoe-Kenilworth.

But the more important question is why are you getting married? What benefit is there for a man in marriage? You have an even chance of getting divorced and losing 1/2 your assets and if you have kids and get divorced you'll be paying child support for 20 years. So it would be like supporting 2 households at the same time-youres and theirs. if your wife decides to divorce you because she's bored (the usual reason) she may move away with the kids if you have any and you'll rarely see them but still have to pay. That little darling of yours may accuse you of a lot of nasty things when she wants a divorce or has found a more Alpha man. A word to the wise.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But the more important question is why are you getting married? What benefit is there for a man in marriage? You have an even chance of getting divorced and losing 1/2 your assets and if you have kids and get divorced you'll be paying child support for 20 years. So it would be like supporting 2 households at the same time-youres and theirs. if your wife decides to divorce you because she's bored (the usual reason) she may move away with the kids if you have any and you'll rarely see them but still have to pay. That little darling of yours may accuse you of a lot of nasty things when she wants a divorce or has found a more Alpha man. A word to the wise.

I'm sorry you have had to go through all that. All your posts in other threads suddenly make much more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads