Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mpowered

Mpowered New Member

Do park avenues run long on anyone else? I am a 10.5 in every shoe I own, and my foot measures almost an 11. I got AE Park Ave's in 10.5, and I have a good inch of room in the toe, and they feel a bit loose while wearing thin socks. Not particularly happy thus far.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  2. Storm33

Storm33 Senior member

Breaking in the new shell PAs today...

[​IMG]

In response to the question above, I had to size down 1/2 size. The funny thing is I didn't have to do that for my Strands, which are also on the 5 last.

3. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

Park Avenues do tend to run long, as do all shoes on the "5" last. For me, I go down a half size and up one in width.

If you haven't already, you should get your feet measured on a Brannock device. Also get your arch length measured (to the ball of the foot). This is a larger determination of how your foot will fit in the shoe. You may need to go down half a size.

4. Mpowered

Mpowered New Member

Thanks for the advice. I will try a 10 and report back.

5. iloveshoes

iloveshoes Senior member

Im dying waiting for my shell PA's Mcgraws and Randolphs to come. I feel like every day is a month....

6. iloveshoes

iloveshoes Senior member

awesome shoes!

7. Storm33

Storm33 Senior member

Thanks! It took two returns to get them right, but I think they were worth the effort.

8. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

When does the summer sale end?

Edit: nevermind, website says July 7th.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  9. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior member

As some posters have previously mentioned, shell models on the 5 last seem to fit larger than their calf counterparts. This could be why you had to size down on the park aves.

10. elbastardocalvo

elbastardocalvo Senior member

That just doesn't look right.

11. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Are they seconds? I've been told that some seconds receive that designation because the sizing is messed up.

12. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

same goes for the nuemoks and cordovan strands i just bought

i am a 10.5 on the left foot, and a 10 on the right on the whatever the hell you call it.... ended up trying on a 9.5D in both, and both fit me perfectly. My walnut strands and mccallisters are 10D's... which are fine, but I realized after a little wear, they loosened up a bit, so I wanted to try a half size down before making another purchase.

13. M4rtin

M4rtin Active Member

Looking for my first serious shoes, getting married :)

Would someone with knowledge know what the difference between Sutter and Kenilworth is ?

14. Snedley

Snedley Senior member

One's a 3 eyelet and the other a 5. They are also made on different lasts which is really like the shape of the foot/shoe. And I wouldn't be too concerned with lasts despite all of the talk on here about them. Just try on AE in you proper size and width and see how they feel and forget worrying about lasts. perhaps certain shapes (lasts) may fit some people better than other lasts but I can tell you that I can wear any AE nshoe and as long as it's in my size and width it will fit well. BTW, I'd get the 3 eyelet shoe-Kenilworth.

But the more important question is why are you getting married? What benefit is there for a man in marriage? You have an even chance of getting divorced and losing 1/2 your assets and if you have kids and get divorced you'll be paying child support for 20 years. So it would be like supporting 2 households at the same time-youres and theirs. if your wife decides to divorce you because she's bored (the usual reason) she may move away with the kids if you have any and you'll rarely see them but still have to pay. That little darling of yours may accuse you of a lot of nasty things when she wants a divorce or has found a more Alpha man. A word to the wise.

15. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

I'm sorry you have had to go through all that. All your posts in other threads suddenly make much more sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.