• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

harlequin782

Reaction score
yeah, I think they look pretty cool too...not worth an immediate buy at full price, but they are cool looking for a casual shoe.

CounselorStyle

Reaction score
yeah, I think they look pretty cool too...not worth an immediate buy at full price, but they are cool looking for a casual shoe.

I agree that they're pretty cool looking shoes, although I have no idea what I'd wear them with, and they don't fulfill a need that would justify me paying $300.

Maybe when they're on deep seconds/discontinued discount?

Breedlove

Reaction score
Anyone know how interchangeable sizes are?
I exchanged a pair of MacNeils that were 8D for a pair in 7.5E but don't know how the second pair will fit since my true size is 8D.

lithdoc

Reaction score

bnovc

Reaction score
I bought my second pair of nice dress shoes this weekend at an AE store. I now have the Strand captoe in Walnut and the Neumok in Snuff Suede.

I had originally intended to buy the Player in brown suede, which I actually thought the Neumok was at first glance, but I think I like this one quite a bit. I can't find many comments on it on SF; do many others have it?

I'm a little nervous about caring for suede if I wear them regularly. I'm planning to alternate it with my Strands. I think the Neumok seems ok for dress pants/dress shirts without a tie or jacket, which is what I normally wear. Also seems really well suited for jeans. Thinking about getting a pair of white cotton pants after looking at WAYWTD threads that I think it would go well with too.

TauKappaEpsilon

Reaction score
Great price. The pics on http://www.thestyleblogger.com/6153/1-piece5-ways-allen-edmonds-wingtip-brogue-boots/ are really pushing me towards getting another pair of boots, even though I already have the fifth street and malvern (and 2 pairs of AEs currently in the mail). This place is a terrible influence!
You should absolutely get a pair of the Daltons. You'll love them. Since you already have a pair of slightly dressier boots (the 5th streets, which I was looking at also) the dalton is a great boot to wear for more casual days. I wear mine with everything from suits to casual work days, to jeans on the weekends. Here are some pictures of me wearing them:

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I bought my second pair of nice dress shoes this weekend at an AE store. I now have the Strand captoe in Walnut and the Neumok in Snuff Suede.

I had originally intended to buy the Player in brown suede, which I actually thought the Neumok was at first glance, but I think I like this one quite a bit. I can't find many comments on it on SF; do many others have it?

I'm a little nervous about caring for suede if I wear them regularly. I'm planning to alternate it with my Strands. I think the Neumok seems ok for dress pants/dress shirts without a tie or jacket, which is what I normally wear. Also seems really well suited for jeans. Thinking about getting a pair of white cotton pants after looking at WAYWTD threads that I think it would go well with too.

I own both of these shoes and love them both. I think the Neumoks are better suited for jeans than the Strands, though I think the Strands would look good too (I haven't tried this yet). Both look great with chinos. I have sprayed the Neumoks with AE spray waterproofer, but they haven't seen any rain yet, so we'll see how this treatment holds up. Here are some Put This On articles about suede: here and here. Enjoy your shoes.

Last edited:

itsmejson

Reaction score
This is a two part appreciation post. First, Allen-Edmonds. Not only do they make incredible shoes but they are the only fine shoecrafter that is affiliated with the US military exchange. It was refreshing to see that not only was Allen-Edmonds the standard issue shoe provider for the Navy during WWII, but they still are affiliated and give discounts through the military exchange. I got a pair of AE 1st quality Strands for $170 (no shipping, no taxes). Unbelievable.

Cold Iron and itsmejson get lots of credit for notifying me that the military exchange has an affiliation w/ AE, and also has a special program to get quotes for shoes not on their website. I owe you guys. Thanks!
congrats :) now the dreaded wait to get them in hand haha.
- i had to send my first pair back to AE and now waiting for replacements, should be coming in this week!

Last edited:

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bucksfan and dsmivtr- thank you for posting pictures of your burgendy shell Cambridge's. Mine came Friday evening and I have been brushing and breaking them in when I find time. What a great shoe, they already are making me believe that they will be one of, if not the favorite in my collection. Very similar to the first pair of shell shoes I admired in black cherry many years ago that cost a month's pay back then, and I vowed that some day I would own a pair.

Hopefully the third time will be a charm for the Bradley's but I have my "horsey" fix for awhile now
smile.gif

zchen

Reaction score
I love them burgundy shell Cambridge. even thinking about getting a 2nd pair. I would love it if AE makes them in walnut shell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads