Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

I ordered the blue Neumok (again, will return more expensive ones) and walnut Strand. Also a couple of shoe trees (they were about $15)

2. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

If you primarly wear jeans, I would suggest looking at the McTavish. However, that is a wingtip like the Neumok - so maybe look at the Elgin which is a cap toe from the rough collection. You might also look at the Stewart plain toe - I have seen this shoe in person and it looks much better than the photos on the AE website. The Player would be a good option if you are wanting suede.

For the Neumok, I would use the Allen Edmonds Cleaner/Conditioner and nothing else. The Rough Collection shoes are not desiged to be shined with polish. So if you go with Elgin or Stewart, same product. If you go with a calf shoe - Strand, McAllister, etc., use the AE Cleaner/Conditioner then follow with some AE polish in the correct color.

Chris

3. itsmejson

itsmejson Senior member

w/ the help of @christian b, recently revived 2 pairs of AE :)

Byrons
    before
    [​IMG]
    after
    [​IMG]

park ave
    before
    [​IMG]

after
    [​IMG]

4. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Nice job, I really like the look. I've been thinking of doing the same to a pair of mine, just a little nervous to screw them up!

5. iloveshoes

iloveshoes Senior member

thanks! I was too but I really like the look. You can always strip down the wax off it your not happy with it. I used cream, coats of one shade darker brown then black and just worked it from toe out. It is definitely a great look for the lombard. A little trendy which I like because I have the clifton for a more conservative walnut shoe.

6. Dolfan954

Dolfan954 Senior member

Finally took the AE plunge. I picked up a pair of casual Eastport's for a steal of a deal. After wearing them for a day, I went out and found some Park Aves, pair of Hillcrests, and Montgomery. I am hooked. No dress shoes are as comfortable that I have worn as these have been and they aren't even broken in yet. Love it.

7. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

Chris thanks for your kind response. I bought a pair of Strands from the tent event earlier today before I saw this. What do you think of that option? I like your comment about having a different toe - not a deal breaker for me, but a good piece of advice (Thanks!).

I also thought the McTavish was a great idea for jeans from my novice perspective.

I'll grab some of that Cleaner/Conditioner. Do you recommend any other brands besides for the AE one?

8. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

What belt would you wear with the blue Neumok?

9. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Welcome to the club, how about some pics? :)

10. MRMan

MRMan Senior member

Just wanted to share some praise for AE's customer service.

I've ordered multiple pairs previously by phone to Canada (both firsts and seconds), and this latest order from the 2/$200 sale was taking surprisingly long. Turns out the order was accidentally mixed in with some other documents and shredded by the sales associate, who has been waiting for 6 weeks for me to call as he had also shredded my contact info. To rectify the situation (even though I was not upset or demanding...accidents happen), AE waved the shipping, which is often prohibitive to Canada ($30 for first pair, $15 for each additional pair), and through in some goodies. For that I was extremely grateful. Excellent handling of a forgivable human error. Thumbs up from me.

11. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

I'm guessing you're not in China?

I think the Sedona is one of the Dominican Republic manufactured shoes. My expectations are low at $175. I will make inquiries at the next opportunity.

12. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

Strands are very versatile and go great with jeans.

I'm sure there are other brands of cleaner / conditioner that work fine, but have always used the AE brand. You can order off their website and there is no shipping.

Chris

13. smilelouis

smilelouis Well-Known Member

:)
    thanks man.
    i went to AE retail store today and bought the saddle soap!

14. smilelouis

smilelouis Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

hi guys, the captoe lines of both boots are not symmetrical. do you think this is a problem? should i get an exchange? thanks for your advice.

15. Ayrton

Ayrton Well-Known Member

From the pic, it appears the right boot is slightly more forward than the left.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.