1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Chili dressing is a must. :nodding: I use it for almost all of my AE walnut, AE chili, Alden whiskey shell, Alden ravello shell, and Alden cigar shell shoes/boots. Years ago I tried to buy the neutral from an AE retail store. The SA - indeed, the manager - told me to get the chili, and that the neutral is essentially worthless (note: I'm not saying it is worthless, just passing along what the manager told me). The chili dressing is very versatile.

Just make sure you wipe it down before it dries so that you don't get the red build-up (unless that is what you are going for).

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  2. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

Thanks for the correction, I think AE told me a month ago they were on the 8 last

3. evolved

evolved Senior member

A Strand boot would be amazing. I love the look of the Dalton, but I think a Strand boot would fly off the shelves as a dressier option.

4. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Just caught my typo. That should say 0 last.

5. seer

seer Senior member

6. seer

seer Senior member

Why did they have to add a strap to it?

7. CHVIRUS01

CHVIRUS01 Member

Sorry to crash the thread with these..

[​IMG]

but I am also a FAN of these!

[​IMG]

Just love em both and not bias for one brand or another as you can tell :)

Thinking about the Mc-Tavs in black since I have no black shoe yet :(

Any suggestions for a first time black shoe (except park avenue/sorry just heard of too many QC issues with that model).

thanks!

8. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

Time to email them and tell them they are assholes for making a 5th Stree but not a Strand boot. I'll even come up with the name for it... Strand Street lol

9. evolved

evolved Senior member

No kidding.....that strap is hideous.

lol

Maybe I'll do the same and we can get a movement started. I always wonder if employees from Allen Edmonds know about this thread and if they do, do they observe? The same goes for any manufacturer specific thread, I guess. I know a guy from Horween occasionally makes an appearance.....

10. seer

seer Senior member

How come no one likes the Fifth Street Boot? I think it is kind of nice looking - an old school look...

11. evolved

evolved Senior member

I don't think it's awful looking. There are boots that I would purchase before the Fifth Street, however.

12. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

I just emailed them telling them that they need to make a Strand look boot

Balmoral, captoe, however I told them to make basically the identical boot from that youtube link I posted a couple pages back. The stitching along the vamp continued to the foxing like you would find similar to a long wing.

If/when they respond, I'll keep everyone posted. But ya... lets all email them for a "strand-like" bal boot

13. Sunstealer73

Sunstealer73 Senior member

Here are my MacNeil's in Brown Casual. I've never seen them posted on here before. I got them from the Shoe Bank for $129. I'm on about the 7th wear and they are finally starting to break-in. Between the double sole and the stiff rough leather, it has taken a while.

[​IMG]

14. evolved

evolved Senior member

What's the email address? I'll do the same.

15. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Alden black shell captoe balmoral - straight tip or perf tip.

16. elbastardocalvo

elbastardocalvo Senior member

I love this version of the MacNeil. Nicely done.

17. seer

seer Senior member

18. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

I didn't realize there was actually a third color McTavish (or maybe this is new?). From their website, a new color is now available, "Dark Brown Wax Infused Leather":

[​IMG]

I feel like I've seen pics of dark McTavishes like this, but had just assumed it was the natural variation in the "rough" line of leather, and/or the owner's own shoe care habits.

19. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

I have the 5th St. and like them, although I like my Dalton walnut shell better. dsmivtr posted pictures of his 5th St. which he dyed to antique a bit and make more of a burgundy color and they came out fantastic. The link to the pictures are broken, he posted it back around February and I am considering doing the same to mine.

Speaking of boots I'm at the point where I am closing down on expanding my shoe\boot collection and moving to just a few more shell boots made by other companies. Will see what AE comes out with in the fall for boots however. Been wearing the suede Katami's for shooting skeet and sporting clays this summer. If it is cooler or wet then I wear the brown CXL Bayfields.

[​IMG]

Walked several miles in them Saturday on the sporting course, they have been very comfortable even in the heat. And provide a good stable platform for shooting. They brush up extremely well and are treated with Bickmore waterproofer which has also worked well.

On a side note Kim Rhodes picked up another Gold in women's skeet yesterday with a world record of 99x100. I saw her win the Gold in double trap in Atlanta back in 96. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.