Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I just returned seconds from Freeport to a retail store yesterday. They had no problem doing it. Maybe call your local store and ask them first?

I am pretty sure, though, that they can't handle exchanges for seconds. Seems like the shoe bank/outlets and retail stores are run separately. Of course, you could exchange for firsts at the store.

Also, the retail store will credit your card immediately. So you could call shoe bank right after and order your next pair.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012

2. charliebrown2

charliebrown2 Senior member

I can't imagine the store would be willing to exchange their first for my second

Reason I want to do the "exchange" is because I originally bought with a 15% memorial day discount. If i do a return/re-buy, I'm afraid they won't honor the 15%. If a simple size exchange, they might not care. THanks.

3. iloveshoes

iloveshoes Senior member

Nordstrom half yearly coming up will consist of the Players I believe at $219.99 (black and walnut), Clifton $199.99 (burgundy, black and walnut) and Montgomery (black). I believe it starts on the 15th or so.

4. imanewbie

imanewbie Senior member

thx for info. will ask for price if the price is pretty good Ill purchase them.

5. ManCrush

ManCrush Well-Known Member

Absolutely. It's the reason I'm done with AE, and I just hate it. On all three of my AE's the Quarters are real floppy. It looks like the vagina of an 80 year-old prostitute (or so I would imagine). Can't stand it. You can even see the problem on page 399 of this thread in newbie123's first picture. The Quarter gets floppy as it rounds toward the eyelets. I don't understand why they can't fix this, but they evidently can't. Love their style, but hate their quality control.

6. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I recently returned a pair of 2nds to a full service store as well. In addition, the SA offered to order the exchanged pair of 2nds for me as well. I'm not sure if this is a standard practice but clearly, this AE store had access to the shoebank's list of available factory 2nds. He was also willing to credit me the value for the 2nds (I had my receipt) towards a pair of replacement 1sts. As kmdsimpson indicated, a quick call to confirm would probably be prudent.

Good luck!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012

7. TauKappaEpsilon

TauKappaEpsilon Senior member

8. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

Finally got my Dundee Chukkas in Cappuccino Cordovan. This first pair they sent were extremely large even though they were supposedly my size. It's odd that I have several pair of shoes on the 1 last and all of them are a 9.5 E but the Dundees fell off my feet. AE ended up making me two pair. One was another 9.5E and then they made me a 9.5D and they let me choose the better fitting of the two. I found the 9.5D to fit better in this shoes. The lesson I learned is that even if shoes are made on the same last they may not fit exactly the same. Anyway, here are pics of the new boots.

Outside on a overcast day
    [​IMG]

Inside the local Starbucks
    [​IMG]

9. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Nice. Really like these in black!

10. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Wow. That is great customer service! What is happening with the other pair?

Congrats on getting in on these when they were available. They are a beautiful shoe.

11. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

The sale usually includes PA's and strands too in limited colors, although it varies year by year. The semi-annoying thing is that all the Nordstroms seem to only carry D width in-store and anything else needs to be ordered online.

12. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

Both pair were sent to an AE store for me to try on. I took the pair that fit and they sent the other pair back to AE factory. My guess is that they will be sold as a closeout.

13. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Quote:
    [​IMG] Beautiful.

14. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

No, that's the anniversary sale where the PA and Strands are usually $200ish. He's talking about the half-yearly, which starts after Fathers' Day. Anniversary sale starts late July.

15. index1489

index1489 Well-Known Member

Anyone know if there belts ever go on sale? Im looking at that walnut belt that matches the strands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.