Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior member

Here's a pic of my new kenilworth that I picked up during the memorial day seconds sale [​IMG]

2. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

Amazon.com has a Father's Day 15% off promo going on right now that is good on many AE styles such as the Park Ave, Strand, Delray, etc:

15% Off $80 Orders of Select Styles
    You can get 15% off $80 orders of select shoes and accessories for dad sold by Amazon.com. Use code: DADGIFTS at checkout.

3. mekato1

mekato1 Well-Known Member

Any info on the Tent sale?

4. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

Has Allen Edmonds ever made a burgandy plain toe (blutcher or balmoral) in calf skin?

5. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

What color are these Fairfaxes on the left?

I was at Nordstrom Rack today and came across them (the right is Chili, which I actually own). At first I was thinking they were Walnut, but it looks a bit too light/yellow for what I've seen online as Walnut. It looks like "Squash" but I realize that's not an actual AE color.

[​IMG]

Here's another closeup of just the shoe in question:

[​IMG]

I actually think it's a beautiful color, although I'm not sure it'd go with anything in my wardrobe.

6. iloveshoes

iloveshoes Senior member

I really like that color. Are you able to see the code on the inside. You can identify the color from the code. I would totally rock those!:slayer:

7. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

Those look like a lighter shade of cognac to me. I have the Manhattan's in cognac, and while mine are a bit darker, they have a similar hue.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012

8. BackInTheJox

Unfortunately I forgot to check the code inside! I'm already at home, but if I'm at the mall again soon I'll stop by and check. Unfortunately they only had these in 9D, which is too small for me!

To DJJ: good idea, they might be a "faded" or lighter cognac . . . I'm really not sure. But I agree that they are absolutely beautiful and I wish they had my size . . . I would probably buy them and force them into my rotation any way I could.

9. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

10. Storm33

Storm33 Senior member

I believe the AE color is chestnut. I own a pair of AE Hillcrest in chestnut, and the coloring was very similar until I began darkening them with walnut polish.

11. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Nice, how much did you pay for yours? How did he get them that color? I only saw black and natural.

12. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

I have the AE Sutter in burgundy. It was part of the Executive Collection and is not available any more. I think they used to make the Leeds in burgundy calf, I'm not sure though.
    [​IMG]

Chris

13. Ink007

Ink007 Member

Thanks. I believe I paid about $270; retail minus a minor discount. These are the natural Mctavish and I love the color. The only thing I've done to them was use one of those leather conditioner sponges on it once, and of course, wear them.

14. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Love the Grayson's, but the 7 last works very well on my foot, in every shoe I've tried. The graysons fit well, come up high enough that they can be worn a little more formally, and seem to wear very well also. That particular pair is about 1.5 years old. I wear the same size in Grayson as MacNeil and Park Ave.

I like them better than the Westchester, I just don't like the low vamp look of the Westchesters.

15. BackInTheJox

Awesome, thanks for the heads up! Maybe I'll go ahead and buy those Elgins on Amazon . . . $245 plus free shipping (Amazon Prime) isn't bad . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.