• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

spitshine123

Reaction score
Here's a pic of my new kenilworth that I picked up during the memorial day seconds sale
aee5824f-e66b-7a61.jpg

DJTraveler

Reaction score
Amazon.com has a Father's Day 15% off promo going on right now that is good on many AE styles such as the Park Ave, Strand, Delray, etc:

15% Off $80 Orders of Select Styles
You can get 15% off $80 orders of select shoes and accessories for dad sold by Amazon.com. Use code: DADGIFTS at checkout.

OptoDoc

Reaction score
Has Allen Edmonds ever made a burgandy plain toe (blutcher or balmoral) in calf skin?

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What color are these Fairfaxes on the left?

I was at Nordstrom Rack today and came across them (the right is Chili, which I actually own). At first I was thinking they were Walnut, but it looks a bit too light/yellow for what I've seen online as Walnut. It looks like "Squash" but I realize that's not an actual AE color.

Here's another closeup of just the shoe in question:

I actually think it's a beautiful color, although I'm not sure it'd go with anything in my wardrobe.

iloveshoes

Reaction score

I was at Nordstrom Rack today and came across them (the right is Chili, which I actually own).  At first I was thinking they were Walnut, but it looks a bit too light/yellow for what I've seen online as Walnut.  It looks like "Squash" but I realize that's not an actual AE color.

I actually think it's a beautiful color, although I'm not sure it'd go with anything in my wardrobe.

I really like that color. Are you able to see the code on the inside. You can identify the color from the code. I would totally rock those!:slayer:

DJTraveler

Reaction score

I was at Nordstrom Rack today and came across them (the right is Chili, which I actually own). At first I was thinking they were Walnut, but it looks a bit too light/yellow for what I've seen online as Walnut. It looks like "Squash" but I realize that's not an actual AE color.

Those look like a lighter shade of cognac to me. I have the Manhattan's in cognac, and while mine are a bit darker, they have a similar hue.

Last edited:

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like that color. Are you able to see the code on the inside. You can identify the color from the code. I would totally rock those!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Unfortunately I forgot to check the code inside! I'm already at home, but if I'm at the mall again soon I'll stop by and check. Unfortunately they only had these in 9D, which is too small for me!

To DJJ: good idea, they might be a "faded" or lighter cognac . . . I'm really not sure. But I agree that they are absolutely beautiful and I wish they had my size . . . I would probably buy them and force them into my rotation any way I could.

Storm33

Reaction score

What color are these Fairfaxes on the left? I was at Nordstrom Rack today and came across them (the right is Chili, which I actually own). At first I was thinking they were Walnut, but it looks a bit too light/yellow for what I've seen online as Walnut. It looks like "Squash" but I realize that's not an actual AE color. Here's another closeup of just the shoe in question: I actually think it's a beautiful color, although I'm not sure it'd go with anything in my wardrobe.
I believe the AE color is chestnut. I own a pair of AE Hillcrest in chestnut, and the coloring was very similar until I began darkening them with walnut polish.

Last edited:

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mctavish.  Probably the most comfortable pair of shoes I own.  I can wear them all day long. 

Nice, how much did you pay for yours? How did he get them that color? I only saw black and natural.

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has Allen Edmonds ever made a burgandy plain toe (blutcher or balmoral) in calf skin?

I have the AE Sutter in burgundy. It was part of the Executive Collection and is not available any more. I think they used to make the Leeds in burgundy calf, I'm not sure though.
sutter.JPG

Chris

Ink007

Reaction score
Nice, how much did you pay for yours? How did he get them that color? I only saw black and natural.

Thanks. I believe I paid about $270; retail minus a minor discount. These are the natural Mctavish and I love the color. The only thing I've done to them was use one of those leather conditioner sponges on it once, and of course, wear them.

bucksfan

Reaction score

The Graysons look great- can you give us a quick rundown of the fit and how you like them? I feel like they are underappreciated vs the randolphs and westchesters. Unfortunately, the 7 last might not be for me

Love the Grayson's, but the 7 last works very well on my foot, in every shoe I've tried. The graysons fit well, come up high enough that they can be worn a little more formally, and seem to wear very well also. That particular pair is about 1.5 years old. I wear the same size in Grayson as MacNeil and Park Ave.

I like them better than the Westchester, I just don't like the low vamp look of the Westchesters.

Last edited:

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazon.com has a Father's Day 15% off promo going on right now that is good on many AE styles such as the Park Ave, Strand, Delray, etc:

15% Off $80 Orders of Select Styles
You can get 15% off $80 orders of select shoes and accessories for dad sold by Amazon.com. Use code: DADGIFTS at checkout.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up! Maybe I'll go ahead and buy those Elgins on Amazon . . . $245 plus free shipping (Amazon Prime) isn't bad . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads