Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smilelouis

smilelouis Well-Known Member

BB Strand are 15% off $199, which comes to aorund $169. i bought BB Strand Walnut and AE SanMarco. they are ideal for all-surface. thinking of getting a BB 5th Ave.[​IMG]

2. smilelouis

smilelouis Well-Known Member

check out my previous posts you will see a few pictures of BB strand, which i think will help.

3. althanis

althanis Senior member

I know I'm chiming in really late here (this thread gets lots of updates), but I completely agree with the seller. Don't you have anything better to do than to spend your time and energy trying to belittle that guy? Because you spend so much time talking about shoes doesn't make you (or me) a better person than he/she is. He's trying to earn a living. Sheesh.

4. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Senior member

I'd recommend against tongue pad or heel grippers. I've tried both. I currently only have one pair of shoes with heel grips, and I rarely wear them except on bad weather days. They don't feel awful at first, but you really notice them after a full day of wear. If the shoe doesn't fit well as is, I would return for another size rather than try heel/tongue pads.

5. index1489

index1489 Well-Known Member

Thats a great deal, I would have jumped on them had I knew.

6. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

7. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

Where are you guys getting the BB versions? Is this from the shoebank or from BB factory stores? I didn't realize AE carried the BB seconds if it is from the shoebank?

8. ayoungs

ayoungs Well-Known Member

I see on Allen Edmond's web site, that the Sedona is on sale, and that it's a brand new style. It is on the 800 last, what are peoples experience with the sizing/width of this last? I'd love to grab up a couple pairs for summer.

9. Breedlove

Breedlove Senior member

Just picked up a PA and a Cordovan MacNeil in burgundy at the memorial day sale...
    But I'm wondering if I should have gotten th BB Fifth Avenue instead of the PA and saved about 50 dollars...

10. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

I asked my SA about the Sedona. It just hit the website and is discounted for Father's Day. Same leather as the Neumok. Matching waxy leather belts are coming as well. The AE store is ordering a Sedona for me to try on. It may be a few weeks before it comes in.

11. sportin_life

I am confused about how people are getting lower prices. I just called to place an order for strands from the shoebank, and they said only the walnut strands are on sale for $199 (no further discount and not the other colors).

12. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I picked some up too. Awesome deal and they smell delicious.

13. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

The sale at which allows you to receive AE Strands at 169$ is A: over with, and B: was the sale through Brooks Brothers. Now the Strand was a Brooks Brothers made Strand with little differences on the sole. You cannot receive the Strand through AE at 169$.

What AE DOES have, are the Strands which are seconds for the price of 199$. They do not sell firsts at that price, and of course as you have already found out, they only sell the Walnut seconds.

Last edited: May 26, 2012

14. sportin_life

Thanks for the info. That clarifies the situation. I prefer the BB relabeled AE b/c of the extra padding, too bad I missed out. When was the BB sale at that price? The only recent sales I saw were the 25% F&F and then the 30% corporate which still placed them at ~ $250 + tax?

15. vonklark

vonklark Senior member

I'm thinking about buying a pair of C&J Chukka boots in suede. But I have one question what's the diffrence between C&J and Allen Edmonds in these kind of shoes? Am I only paying for the brand here or is there some quality diffrence?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.