Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Yes, these are burnished brown. Chili is a different color.

2. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I don't think they are still on hold for me. I sent him a note a couple of days ago to let him know. He only had one in that size so somebody could have scooped em up already. I have high volume feet so the 11 was crushing my little toe on my larger foot. The left fit great. The 11.5 was just too big and I didn't want to compensate with an insole. I'm using an insole on my 11.5D MacNeil and it's OK...not perfect.

3. acushin2

acushin2 Member

My first impression is that I would like the burnished brown better than the chili, but of course those aren't featured in the Memorial Day Sale.

4. asalerno

asalerno Active Member

thanks patrick, I'm sure someone else grabbed them.

I think we have the same problem in re: to volume. I couldn't get a good fit in the macneils, 11D was too narrow, 10.5 EEE was huge, i never tried an 11.5D.

5. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Wait to get what you want. I got mine as firsts during the last labor day sale for $229. There was also another sale in the Fall where Delray seconds in brown were on sale just as cheap as the LaSalles are now. Every AE is on sale at some point in the year.

6. iloveshoes

iloveshoes Senior member

You jumped right from a D width to a 3E width? Why? I believe AE makes E as well as EE in the macneils. Unless I am missing some prior info specific to your situation.

7. asalerno

asalerno Active Member

i was misinformed by sales person I guess... maybe I could have tried an E/EE.

8. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

I dealt with the shoebank directly and they shipped another pair of shoes out to me with the return UPS label in that box without charging my card and told me to send the returns back in that box. I was impressed and will not hesitate to deal with them again. Out of the 4 pair of shoes I ordered only one could be called a second from what I could tell and the replacement for that was perfect, although a different shoe. Another shoe did have a few punches not colored and some leather edges without dye but it didn't take long to fix that. First time I have ordered seconds and don't believe it will be my last.

9. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Maybe not the best quality photo, but this is my pair of Chili Delrays in the middle (as another poster said, almost the same shoe as the Lasalle), and a pair of Brown Lasalles on the left for comparison. Hope it helps!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  10. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I never considered going up in length either but the MacNeil in 11d was toe crushing in width and 11e was so wide that the eyelets were touching. The 11.5 really felt better on the toes but was a tad long. So far it hasn't been all that bad. Not sure I'd buy another AE on the same last as the MacNeil.

11. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Thanks bucksfan just ordered 4 more epic trees using that. Came to $87 with shipping ($21.75 each delivered) which isn't bad and well worth it when you need them.

12. itsmejson

itsmejson Senior member

Thx for the heads up. Do you know if the sizing chart is accurate? I am a 10D, bit from what I've read different AE shoes require to size up or down so I just want to make sure that the sizes I get will work for future purchases

13. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

I Recently received my order from the 2 for 200$ sale. I went ahead and purchased the Strawfut's in brown / brown mesh as seconds. And the Black Parliament's as firsts. Each shoe is absolutely beautiful. No signs of marking as seconds on either shoe, no rips, stains, tears, or abnormal wrinkling of the leather to be found. The mesh has no rips in it as well, and they shined up real nicely. Now, the Parliament's have a rubber sole and come with AE's orthopedic's insoles which I was a bit concerned with at first. But after lacing em up and putting them on to walk in, boy are they comfortable. They will be my go-to black oxfords for work for a long time to come. I'm glad my purchase was smooth the first time and received two great shoes without any flaws to them.

14. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

Help id these AEs I bought @ a thrift. The model name of the sole has been washed out, but I think it begins with a B. Thanks in advance:

[​IMG]

15. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

Question for the AE experts: If you were to pick (or better yet rank) the lasts with the widest ball-of-the-foot area. What would they be?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.