Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uhurit

uhurit Senior member

Just picked up a pair of Dundee in shell cordovan :slayer:

Last edited: May 15, 2012

2. iloveshoes

iloveshoes Senior member

Nice! Pics?

3. itsmejson

itsmejson Senior member

Quote:

4. bnovc

bnovc Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information! Should I get the brown edge dressing (http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF574_1_40000000001_-1); this is for the harder part of the shoe (harder leather? wood?) than the top?

How often do you suggest applying the edge dressing and conditioner (http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF570_1_40000000001_-1)?

Sorry for the questions. I'm a little nervous about caring for my first pair of decent shoes :)

5. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Great news guys. My GF ordered me a pair of Kenilworth in Walnut for my birthday present. CAN"T WAIT!!! :slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:

Pics to come when I get em!

6. facet

facet Senior member

I was told by their customer service to buy the natural. I just apply if it looks like the edge needs some sprucing up.

7. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

You should get the natural sole edge dressing for the Strands and apply it to the sole only (see this video). I highly recommend the travel size since it's much easier to apply in this size.

8. I Like Turtles

I Like Turtles Senior member

Got the 9.5 Hales in black and 9.0 Players in blue suede. The Players are too small. Very sad because they are so damn nice.

[​IMG]

9. newbie123

newbie123 Well-Known Member

I just received the Memorial Day Sale promotion in the mail and the Kenilworths are front and center.

For what it's worth (for those who might order it online), the Kenilworth runs a little larger. My shoe size is usually 10.5 3E (PA, Strands) but the Kenilworth fits a little bigger so I had to exchange it and get 10 3E (maybe because it's open lacing?).

I may order the Daltons and Neumok for this sale. Can someone with direct experience with these shoes tell me if they run true-to-size, larger or smaller?

Thanks.

10. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Yes, the blue suede Players are very nice. Also too small for me when I tried them on in store. Makes me sad.

11. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

The Daltons fit a little bigger (longer IMO) than the 1-last shoes (Bradley, Leeds). However, I recommend you start with your "normal" sizing first, and go from there.

Speaking of Bradley, that's what I have on today: (sorry for the lousy blackberry phone pics lately - they seem to degrade with the age of the phone).

[​IMG]

12. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

Here's my take on the Neumoks (can't speak for Daltons). I have 3 shoes on the 5 last: Park Avenue, Strand, and Neumok (in snuff suede). They are all size 11.5 D. I have heard others on SF say the opposite, but to me, the Neumok is slightly more snug than the Park Avenue and Strand. However, since the Neumok is unlined, the fit is more forgiving, and in fact this relatively slight snugness feels just about right to me. Sorry to be imprecise. Good luck.

13. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

Are those Targyles, bucksfan? :) (Not a jab, I own quite a few myself.) I like those Bradleys. A bit more interesting than a plain toe, but still classic and conservative. I've been considering adding a pair to my collection.

14. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior member

Ah, now I am a little worried about my kenilworths in the mail. I am usually a good fit with the 5, so I ordered my regular size. Maybe tongue pads will do?

15. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

I believe they are (good eye - you know your modestly priced argyles!) I like the Bradleys too, for exactly those reasons. Nice collection started there - I'll respond to your post over on your other thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.