1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redmusic1

redmusic1 Senior member

Arg! I was hoping that wasn't the case. A begrudging "nice find" to you. That's what I would keep.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  2. mosy

mosy Senior member

Why, have you been coveting a brown kenilworth?

3. harlequin782

harlequin782 Senior member

Thanks a ton for sharing these pics...I was on the fence about getting the grey suedes, but I had tentatively made the decision to get them...but I still had my reservations about them...but these look great on foot...good choice!

4. redmusic1

redmusic1 Senior member

I make it known every time someone posts themselves wearing them. Nothing left in my size by the time I got around to noticing them.

5. Veremund

Veremund Senior member

The boots are lovely, but the reation of that service rep was outrageous. You like the boots, you should keep the boots. But yaou should also report that rep to his/her superior. Absolutely beyond the pale. Informing a company they forgot to charge you, and then demanded you return the product?!?! What gall! Have they lost their collective mind?!?!

6. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

[​IMG]

Just rubbing it in....

4 people like this.
  7. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

:)
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@redmusic1 When the Kenilworth was current, I completely ignored it. Then with all the pics I figured I'd finally try them. Tried black single oak, smu double oak, and smu stone suede. They're not bad, but they all looked very plain in comparison to all the wings & medallions, I just couldn't get into them. They were like a dressy badlands/black hills. Plus they have that 3 eye thomastown thing going on, so if they're loose at all to start the ankle bowing could be significant. So don't get jealous of chromed out Mario the music man.

9. 3lilnags

3lilnags Active Member

Has anyone found an easy way to get the lacquer off? Does it come off with an application of cleaner/conditioner? I have a pair of the BB fifth ave seconds that have it. Not a fan.

10. admts13

admts13 Member

Recently thrifted this pair of Cameron loafers for $25. Great pair of shoes and they were barely worn.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. smerf

smerf Well-Known Member

Saphir Renomat should do the job, although it depends whether you've polished the shoes straight outta the box... Renomat is a wax stripper but also would strip the factory finish off of the shoes ;)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  12. EPrest90

EPrest90 Senior member

Quick question guys, how formal are dark brown park avenues? Would they be out of place/too formal for chinos and a jacket? My work is business casual, probably leaning a little more towards professional. Thanks

13. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

It's probably the most sober, serious brown shoe you could buy. I would only wear with creases wool trousers, if not a suit.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  14. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

I have them in bourbon and love the color with jeans.

15. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

Get something with a little more personality. At least go for the Fifth Avenue.

That said, some folks will say that balmorals are too dressy for chinos and a jacket. Look for a blucher, perhaps the Yorktown, Lasalle, or Leiden.

16. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

cross posted this in the Alden thread as I like to share my dopey ways...

Being fairly recent to back wearing denim...and even when I did 20 years ago, was never was a button fly guy...what I find amazing is that I can button 5 buttons then still reach three times for the zipper before realizing I just buttoned the fly...Ieven after not finding the zipper have looked down to see how am I missing it...only to discover what a true idiot I am...just thought I would share.

4 people like this.
  17. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

18. EPrest90

EPrest90 Senior member

Hmm, alright thanks guys. I would go for a blucher over these, but I found them in my size for 100 with what looks like barely one wear on them, so I'm just deciding if I can actually wear them without looking overdressed

19. althanis

althanis Senior member

Was thinking of picking up a Lexington or McGregor from the seconds sale, any opinions? Looking for a chili or oxblood, and already own black Fifth Avenue, brown Park Avenue (or vice versa, I always get the names mixed up) and walnut Strands.

And any idea why the McGregor seconds are priced so low? Is it because the firsts have dropped to $199?

20. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

It's sad to think I never got around to enjoying these, but I'm boxing them up to have Snoogz put them into better homes.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.