• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found it more funny then useful -
currently Bellevue , Cronmok and Long Branch are more expensive on Shoebank than AllenEdmonds.com

linds_15

Reaction score
thoughts on randolph vs patriot loafers? looking to get something now with the price at 199. want to keep them at the office over the winter for the days where heavy boots are necessary for transit

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rush Street for Friday.

Chris

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA: JAB shoe trees for $8.50 US minus 20% with code TODAY. I managed to get 12 pairs of trees for $81.60. Pretty good deal for the same trees that AE uses.
TWELVE???? How many more pairs of shoes are you planning to get, Dale? Are you sure you don't want to change your alias? ;)
Quote:TWELVE???? How many more pairs of shoes are you planning to get, Dale? Are you sure you don't want to change your alias?
wink.gif

Dale's a piker. I got 18 pairs.
rotflmao.gif
In my defense I have about 8-10 unworn pairs of shoes w/o shoe trees right now. I missed the previous JAN shoe tree sale and I can't be forced to buy shoe trees at $20+ knowing that JAB has them on sale about 48 times every year. Haha. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thoughts on randolph vs patriot loafers? looking to get something now with the price at 199. want to keep them at the office over the winter for the days where heavy boots are necessary for transit

I have the Randolf and it is one of better fitting AE loafers I have tried...the sales associate at the AE store I went to said the Patriot is their best fitting loafer for most people as they actually tapered the heel. I have not tried it yet as they did not have my size.

ultravisitor

Reaction score

It might depend on which fits your foot better. I tried on both of them. I got the Patriot because I think it is a prettier shoe and it fit me pretty well.

Last edited:

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black Friday sale is now live on the website. Interesting non-shoe stuff is included, including belts that match the Shaker Heights and some very attractively priced J.W. Hulme leather bags.

linds_15

Reaction score
I have the Randolf and it is one of better fitting AE loafers I have tried...the sales associate at the AE store I went to said the Patriot is their best fitting loafer for most people as they actually tapered the heel. I have not tried it yet as they did not have my size.

It might depend on which fits your foot better. I tried on both of them. I got the Patriot because I think it is a prettier shoe and it fit me pretty well.

thanks for the replies. how do people size their randolphs and patriots compared to other AEs? i wear a 10D in the 5 last and a 9.5D in the Mora 2.0. don't think i will have an opportunity to try on before ordering from shoebank so im sourcing opinions

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love my Randolph loafers which I got last Black Friday. They were a closeout style then and with the $99 closeouts sale they had then it was a steal. You might want to wait till Black Friday and see if they're $99.

linds_15

Reaction score

I love my Randolph loafers which I got last Black Friday. They were a closeout style then and with the $99 closeouts sale they had then it was a steal. You might want to wait till Black Friday and see if they're $99.

interesting, i thought these were the black friday prices

ultravisitor

Reaction score
thanks for the replies. how do people size their randolphs and patriots compared to other AEs? i wear a 10D in the 5 last and a 9.5D in the Mora 2.0. don't think i will have an opportunity to try on before ordering from shoebank so im sourcing opinions

I comfortably wear an 8.5EEE in most AE lasts that I have tried on, including the 5 last. My Patriots, though, are a 9EEE, and they're a really close fit.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I comfortably wear an 8.5EEE in most AE lasts that I have tried on, including the 5 last. My Patriots, though, are a 9EEE, and they're a really close fit.

Yeah I am best in an 8.5D or 8E in most lasts. For some reason I thought it would be ok to cram my foot in an 8D for my Patroit seconds I picked up. They might have to hit the market now since I wore them a few times.

stgrim

Reaction score

PSA: JAB shoe trees for $8.50 US minus 20% with code TODAY. I managed to get 12 pairs of trees for $81.60. Pretty good deal for the same trees that AE uses.

Bought 12 pairs of these last June at $8.33 (3 for $25) and an additional 6 just last month at $7.50 per pair. Simply cannot believe that they are even cheaper now at $6.80 (after 20% discount).

Tree all your shoes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads