• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kentyman

Reaction score
It was 21 degrees this morning in OKC so it is officially boot season.

Inaugural run for my new Shaker Heights - best $127 I have spent in a along time

Chris

Just got down to freezing today in Austin, and I too am on a maiden voyage. Loving them so far. What a steal.

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some nice boot finds here...

To all of you fellow boot owners, how do you accelerate the break-in so as not to suffer through the "squeakiness" of the leather tongue rubbing against the inner boot leather? Can I do anything to stop the noise or at least tone it down right away? Maybe conditioner? And I'm not looking to stick on soft Velcro on the inside like I've found others do on this site....

I have never had squeeking issues with new boots. Maybe I have been lucky.

Chris

area3400

Reaction score
This may be more of a "quick question" topic than an appreciation item but it is AE related.

I have had a pair of cognac mactavishes for about 8 months. I have noticed that on one shoe there is some fading between the laces and the point of the wingtip. I thought that perhaps it was simply too dry so for a few weeks I have been trying to condition them more regulatory but it still looks light. The odd part is that only one shoe is doing this.

Is there a way to restore the color? These are part of the rough collection so I thought it would be ill advised to try polish. Thoughts?

Also my Kenilworths (which I love) have started an odd thing. Occasionally a little piece of black (apparently plastic). It seems to break off from inside the shoe and I will notice it when I step on it. It is a square about 1 or 2 cm wide. this has happened a couple of time. This is obviously not a good thing. They were purchased as 2nds so I imagine I will just have to deal with this but again, has anyone else noticed this?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gave a Little TLC to the cherry on top of my AE sundae:

tjyoung

Reaction score
It was 21 degrees this morning in OKC so it is officially boot season.

Inaugural run for my new Shaker Heights - best $127 I have spent in a along time

Chris

Do you have squeaking with these at all?

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote: I use AE leather lotion prior to first wear...they will squeak then I brush when take them off then apply another round of leather lotion and the next wear usually little to no squeak

tjyoung

Reaction score
Quote: Ha - just read all of the other posts above. Should have checked those first. Thanks.

I keep hearing baby powder and leather lotion. I have bad squeaking with my two Shaker Heights and my navy Eagle County, but not with my merlot. I think the navy leather is a little stiffer which is probably the cause.

What about you @Kahuna75 ?

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you have squeaking with these at all?

No I haven't had any. All I did when I received them was put AE Cleaner / Conditioner on them then used neutral paste wax.

Chris

Ha - just read all of the other posts above. Should have checked those first. Thanks.

I keep hearing baby powder and leather lotion. I have bad squeaking with my two Shaker Heights and my navy Eagle County, but not with my merlot. I think the navy leather is a little stiffer which is probably the cause.

What about you @Kahuna75
?

Navy ec yes very much so...two applications of the leather lotion and it was gone, my shakers same but neither were as loud as the ec navy...have not out the merlot through the paces yet.

rodaman

Reaction score
I use the AE shoe polish on my Moras but they don't shine as much as I would like. Any thoughts? I recently used the kiwi shoe shine liquid on one of my throwaway Robert Waynes and was pleased with the results. Should i do the same with my Moras or is that blasphemous. Also afraid the kiwi brown might be too light in shade compared to
Brown Burnished Calf shade. Suggestions?​

dave42

Reaction score
From an email I just received re: the DC trunk show:

Visit the Allen Edmonds - Connecticut Avenue store and be the first to see our new limited time Cordovan colors including: Natural Brown, Navy, Deep Dark Brown, and Bottle Green. In addition, we will have our usual Cherry, Black, and Dark Walnut available.

All colors are available on a first come first serve basis. Special color orders on select styles will be done at regular cordovan pricing.
All orders will be shipped by December 22nd.

Wonder what Cherry and Dark Walnut are. Those aren't "usual", are they? Was expecting that sentence to read "we will have our usual Brown, Black, and Burgundy available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads