1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

2. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

As soon as the coffee is brewed I plan to begin catching up on the last 100 plus posts.... Hope everyone had a great Christmas for those that celebrate it.

Went extra manly today with waxy long branches, flannel lined cargo pants, flannel shirt and Carhart jacket(great jacket at a terrific price)

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

[​IMG]

Newest acquisition. Love the fit of this last.

1 person likes this.
  4. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Looking good!!

5. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    No snow or rain in southern California. Broke out the old Byron's. I wish I could get some Park Aves on this same last.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

I'd love to stumble across a NOS Byron in brown someday. I like the toe cap better than the FA and they'd fit me better. What they "retire" and what they keep is a mystery to me.

7. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

Those look really nice...

8. tharkun

tharkun Senior member

I really like my Sauk Drive too and wanted to as well, but I woke up to this: [​IMG] I had to shovel this twice already and I will have to again. So even though they're not AE, these helped me nicely: [​IMG]

9. Dario65

Dario65 Senior member

Me too (no pic). I am wearing these more and more. I have a pair of LB, but the fit isn't as good - have a 1/2 size bigger on the way. If I'd known how well the Sauks were going to work out I would have ordered 2 pair. They're a great winter boot for me and are seeing 2-3 days per week in the bad weather rotation.

10. jet-stream

jet-stream Senior member

I'm jealous - I like the Yorktown and love the Cornwallis, but the last is not compatible with my foot.

11. aLL1

aLL1 Member

Just found out from corporate that there will be a flash sale online at shoebank January 14-19 2016. It was mentioned that they might be waiving the $10 restocking fees on returns/exchanges for the duration of the sale.

3 people like this.
  12. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Any other details?

13. brycelarkin

brycelarkin Active Member

Hi guys,

I'm currently a college senior who just got a full time job in finance and am starting this summer after I graduate. I went through all of college with only one pair of $50 square toed black dress shoes I bought from Macy's. They're falling apart now.

I have an idea of how everyone dresses at my work and it's bus casual where the junior people and most of the senior people are in slacks and a dress shirt while a few senior guys show up in jeans and a polo. I plan on going in slacks and a dress shirt.

I want to invest in a pair of shoes that'll last me 10+ years. I'm currently looking at two options: AE Strands in Brown Burnished Calf or Kent Wang's Handgrade Brogue in Calf Med Brown.

With regards to pricing, both options have student promotions going on.

Allen Edmonds' has a student bundle at $350 for shoes, belt, and shoe tree which ends up being $381 with tax. I don't really need the belt and shoe tree from AE since I can get them cheaper elsewhere.

Kent Wang's has a 15% discount for students but has shipping and no tax which ends up being $422.75.

What do you guys recommend? I'm primarily going to be wearing charcoal or navy pants to work and am looking for a brown colored shoe.

I also plan on holding a graduation party and using that money to buy another pair of shoes in order to have a two shoe rotation going.

Thanks for taking the time to read everything.

tl;dr
    Need work shoes
    Spend $381 on AE Strands or $422.75 on Kent Wang shoes?

14. aLL1

aLL1 Member

That's all I've been told.

1 person likes this.
  15. sruchris

sruchris Well-Known Member

Olive Neumoks today.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. peppercorn78

I'd go for the AE bundle. Once you start buying nicer belts, it's hard to back to the cheaper "bonded leather" ones. Like shoes!

I'm sure KW sells fine shoes, but I have no first hand experience with them. I do know they're made in India, if that matters to you.

1 person likes this.
  17. peppercorn78

+1 for green shoes with coffee ;)

18. shades9323

shades9323 Well-Known Member

I would go with the Strands first and foremost because I like a rounded toe better than a more square one! Seems you get more for your money with the AE's and it looks like you have more widths available to choose from. Plus being made in the USA!

1 person likes this.
  19. RitchieBro

RitchieBro Senior member

How do you get them cheaper than FREE?? The shoes are normally $385 by themselves- you are actually getting the belt ($120) and shoe trees ($26.95) for LESS than free!! $350 for $532 worth of stuff is a hell of a deal, you need to go with the Strands all the way!

20. Shoedog115

Shoedog115 New Member

who did you speak with... I want to call them and get more details and put my order in early.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.