1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

Hope everyone had a good holiday. Wanted to vent a little after some "fun" on 12/24. So the shoebank thing pretty much sucks - everything is basically unchanged, the bourbon stuff is mostly more than it was before the holiday, and the black Friday stuff was reduced to the same as black Friday. Ok...

But the sale on the 1sts is pretty damn good. There's a few real steals in there, along with some others that aren't bad. Last time I had such a bad experience at the retail store I haven't been back since September. I figured what the hell, I gave them a call asking for 2 to be ordered. I got an employee I knew, he knew me, not an AM, not the SM. Gave me the same bullshit lecture as last time - I don't know if I can get them, etc. you should be lucky to pay full retail with a size like 7D, it's hard to find. If I were you I wouldn't even look at closeouts, etc. I felt like Neo in that interrogation scene. How about if I give you the finger...I picked up the phone, called Ben, he got them, no fuss, done. Unbelievable. Ben's the man. They're no longer available by the way - good I didn't wait or fool around with the retail store any more.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  2. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Maybe I missed it in your post, but what was it that you bought?

3. BackInTheJox

I picked up the last Strand Duffle Bag last week, and it is a thing of beauty. It was difficult to justify the price (even at a pretty steep discount), but it should get some good use for many years and my wife seems to like it too.

I had bought the Strand Double Flap Briefcase for my brother for Christmas, but before I shipped it to him I talked to him about it and it turns out he wouldn't have much use for it (commutes to a tech job in California on his bike). So now I'm sitting here with a gorgeous briefcase that matches my new duffle bag, but I already own a Saddleback brown messenger briefcase that should last forever. I just can't seem to bear the thought of parting with the Strand briefcase either!

Decisions, decisions.

4. P12OFIT

P12OFIT Senior member

Any idea how long this winter clearance sale will last?

5. Mark_Y

Mark_Y Senior member

Winter Clearance Event ends 2/14/16. Clearance not available in all stores. Entire assortment available online. Quantities and sizes are limited. Savings vary by style. While supplies last. Only valid at Allen Edmonds Retail Stores and AllenEdmonds.com. Not valid at Allen Edmonds Outlet Stores. Not valid on previous purchases.

6. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

My boots have seen heavy wear lately, despite the warm weather. Pulled a few out to brush, wipe, condition, dress the edges, polish, brush, and brush some more. The Shakers held up well after a long hike, lots of play in sand, rocks while on the playground and around a bunch of excited dogs...but certainly needed some tlc. I've had them for 1-2 years and this is the first time they have seen any polish at all. Went with "old" chili this time; next time they'll get hit with Bob's.
    (Please forgive the unmade bed. It's been a slow morning.)
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  7. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

8. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

9. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

10. keepsake89

keepsake89 Senior member

Anyone wears the McGregors with jeans?
    Post a pic please?

11. BackInTheJox

Long Branches with grey corduroy on this overcast day.

Edit: photo is not uploading

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  12. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

Does anybody have pictures of the Brooks Brothers Burgundy chukka Dundee in the wild

13. rpearlberg

rpearlberg Senior member

wanted to clean up my Long Branch boots so this is what I did...did I miss anything?

Leather Cleaner
    HDLP
    Dark Brown polish/cream from AE

Is that?

How often should I do this?

14. BackInTheJox

15. malcb33

malcb33 Senior member

Out of interest, what pants are you wearing there BackInTheJox?

16. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Depending how rough your winters are, once or twice a season. The salt and slush in NYC winters warrant a few applications before putting them away.

17. RitchieBro

RitchieBro Senior member

What is HDLP?

18. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

I will be going to a retail store for the first time tomorrow (maybe if we have time). Do they have sales independent of the website?

19. pudman43

pudman43 Senior member

Sorry not the best pics but you get the idea, they are awesome with denim. J
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. aero25

aero25 Senior member

Are those walnut?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.