Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

The AE outlet near me finally got the snuff suede Amok in 12E that I wanted to try on, but they don't work for me either. 12D was too tight in the toe, 12E was too wide in the heel, 13D was too long and generally too big all around, and 12.5 doesn't exist in this shoe, outside of a special order size I suppose. I guess this shoe probably isn't going to work for me, so I think I'll try the Alden, which I know are available in a 12.5.

2. froyz25

froyz25 Member

Anyone have any idea what the AE model #4325 is? I can't seem to figure out what model AEs I got Hahaha. They are nearly the sane as the cliftons on the bottom of pg3 of this thread. Also, they also say "COMBO" on the inside where the numbers are. Any help would e appreciated.

3. Ayrton

Ayrton Well-Known Member

I work Saturdays, and that is when I can break out the "business casual" stuff. I already have the Quinton, and I figure I can wear the lighter colors with linen or shorts.

4. mikeman

mikeman Senior member

Does anyone have a list of the shoes offered in the 2 for 200? Also, any idea when the sale goes until?

5. Essential

Essential Senior member

^ The stock turns over very quickly so even if someone lists your size, it could be sold out before you even see the post. I don't remember when the sale ends but there are still a few days left.

6. mikeman

mikeman Senior member

Any idea if its on most everything in the outlets?

7. cjmakai

cjmakai New Member

Just want to say that I had great service from Allen Edmonds. The heel on one of the Park Avenues I purchased started unglueing in the middle layer. Contacted Allen Edmonds and after shipping it back they ended up replacing the soles for both shoes for free!

8. Essential

Essential Senior member

I believe it's discontinued models in the outlets, as well as a few other select shoes. You should call or email the shoebank now- you don't want the stock to run out!

9. itsmejson

itsmejson Senior member

sale ends may 13

Last edited: May 7, 2012

10. aspasp

aspasp Senior member

Thinking about buying the strand in walnut. Is it too stuffy for a college student?

11. k9n

k9n Senior member

Call the outlet and ask for them to email you a list of shoes in your size that are included in the sale. I was able to snag the last pair of Player's in snuff suede (Seconds) and black Bayfield boots (firsts) for $200 plus tax!

12. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

This thread is sorely lacking in pics.

Where are all those 2 for $200 that everyone is picking up? :confused:

13. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Hey I posted some! But agree-

[​IMG]

So here are my black Bayfields with 2 coats of AE polish and a coat of AE cream under. Could use a bit more polish but are getting there. Love the brown Bayfields which are my go to boot for Sporting Clays and the Skeet Field, no brainer picking up the black ones in the sale. These I can wear with a sport coat and tie, especially in the winter:

[​IMG]

14. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

I personally would not wear them without conditioning first because I feel it helps with the break-in process and keeps the initial creasing from being too severe. Some here will tell you the exact opposite and they are not necessarily wrong. There is no hard and fast rule on this.

15. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

I have the Titan rubber sole on my AE Malverns and have no complaints. Very comfortable and durable thus far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.