1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msulinski

msulinski Distinguished Member

What does everyone think of the Presidio in Burgundy? I would generally not go with a penny loafer, but I think this model looks sleek and modern. They have some in my size for the 2 for $200.

2. hohneokc

hohneokc Distinguished Member

I like that shoe - in fact they have it in my size and I am tempted. But I don't wear burgundy very often, so I still haven't jumped on it yet.

I think it is a nice modern version of the penny loafer. And I'm a big fan of the executive rubber sole for rainy days.

Chris

3. tv2177

tv2177 Distinguished Member

I like the new special edition webgem a lot

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. GHo

GHo Senior Member

thanks CI. would love to see some pics. I'm surprised the #10 would work for the Walnuts!

5. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Distinguished Member

Well the sun and shadows played havoc, this is the best I could do. The Jefferson's with 6-7 VERY thin coats of dark brown MDO and a light base of the dark brown cream:

[​IMG]

I'm a sucker for wingtips and[FONT=verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif] [/FONT]brogueing in general. Those webgems are killing me.... Still waiting for my burgundy shell Cambridge to come in. Here are the walnut McAlister's with 1 coat of #10 cognac, Walnut shell's on both ends. The Dalton boot does have a couple of coats of #10 for winter protection and fix a couple of scratches but mainly just the brush, walnut shell strands nothing but the brush:

[​IMG]

6. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Senior Member

If you've not tried on the 2 last before, I'd caution against them. While they are, IMO, a goodlooking shoes, I had to return them because the toe box was just too narrow. Very uncomfortable. It's a blessing and a curse for me that the 2 last is so narrow. I'd be tempted by about 7 pairs of shoes if the 2 worked for me. As it is, I'm only eyeing the Vinci and the Rush.

Anyone have any comments on the Vinci or the Rush?

7. Pacinko

Pacinko New Member

Getting some walnut McAlisters delivered this week.....When I placed the order I only included AE shoe polish and forgot to include some conditioner/cleaner. So I just ordered it separately today and it is on backorder. My question is do I need to wait for the conditioner to arrive and be applied to the shoe before wearing?

8. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Distinguished Member

I purchased the Vinci as part of the current sale. Great shoe, very elegant and TTS with just a little bit of extra room. Mine had 3 bumps in the foot bed of the left shoe and I thought I could get around it by using black superfeet inserts. After a couple of hours on Saturday wearing them I started feeling the bumps and when I tried it again Sunday morning it really hurt my foot. Yes, I wanted to keep them that badly. Ended up calling later on Sunday and they were out in my size so had to settle for a different shoe, a boot actually. If they have a Vinci in your size I highly recommend it.

9. calidist

calidist Senior Member

Does anyone have any feedback on the Titan Rubber Sole to share? I'm assuming it is supposed to function as a traditional Dainite sole; however, it is not made by Dainite, right? I'm interested to see what people think of its comfort, traction and durability.

10. knezz

knezz Senior Member

What? Shell doesn't like rain? Your shoes indeed look great. Are those soles thicker than the McAllister soles? It looks it.

11. knezz

knezz Senior Member

Tough one for me also. I read the snuff is softer but I like the chocolate better. No I like the lighter snuff better. Well the chocolate looks classier. Oops here I go again.

12. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Distinguished Member

This is a sad story, sorry for the bad experience...

13. hohneokc

hohneokc Distinguished Member

I would say you would be fine to wear them before putting the cleaner/conditioner on them. The cleaner/conditioner shouldn't be too far behind. Just apply it when it arrives and you should be OK.

Chris

14. facet

facet Senior Member

Maybe you can try tongue pads?

15. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Distinguished Member

Personally I think more rain drops because they cause 'welting' on shell. Eventually they go away but I typically prefer to wear calf on rainy days.

Thank you for the compliment. the Cambridge has double layer soles vis-a-vis single layer for the McAllister.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.