• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw the ox blood PAs at my local AE store. Looks just a little bit lighter than merlot. Not a dramatic differnce.

hmmm...little annoyed that it was that close to rollout and I could not MTO the oxblood during the sale for the bleeker. A lighter than Merlot is what I am looking for too.

Shiny

Reaction score

Here is an AE short wing blucher - the Hinsdale. Complete with AE yellow laces (matches the shirt I am wearing). Maybe this will push AE to introduce another short wing blucher.

Chris

Hinsdale is a great model. Thanks for posting.

Agree. AE needs a shortwing!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mac. Neil.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those are nice and makes me want the damn Chukka in shell more! Is that natural welt and dressing? or light brown?

It's natural. I had asked recrafting for chili, but oh well. Am pleased with them nonetheless. It makes them quite casual

ryansto

Reaction score
CORDOVAN PSA: My name is Ryan and I run the Allen Edmonds store on Michigan Avenue in Chicago. We are going to host an exciting event that may interest some of you Shell fans.
On November 10, we will host a Cordovan "trunk show". Paul Grangaard and Skip Horween will be attending the event from 5 pm to 8 pm to answer any questions you may have. As a part of the event, Skip is offering some limited colors in shell, including Navy, Green, Deep dark brown and Natural brown, in addition to our usual brown, burgundy and black. These limited colors will be available on a first come first serve basis in the following styles: Leeds, Macneil, Dundee, Strand, Park Ave and Strand. THERE WILL BE NO CUSTOM FEE FOR CORDOVAN THIS NIGHT. If you have dreamed about a navy shell chukka like I have, now is your chance.
You guys can email me directly with questions at [email protected]
I hope to see some of you at the event. If you can't make it, we are glad to take orders via phone or email.
Best,
Ryan

Last edited:

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Well this is going to be expensive.... also Strand is mentioned twice, is it possible you left out an additional model?

Last edited:

kentyman

Reaction score
CORDOVAN PSA: My name is Ryan and I run the Allen Edmonds store on Michigan Avenue in Chicago. We are going to host an exciting event that may interest some of you Shell fans.
On November 10, we will host a Cordovan "trunk show". Paul Grangaard and Skip Horween will be attending the event from 5 pm to 8 pm to answer any questions you may have. As a part of the event, Skip is offering some limited colors in shell, including Navy, Green, Deep dark brown and Natural brown, in addition to our usual brown, burgundy and black. These limited colors will be available on a first come first serve basis in the following styles: Leeds, Macneil, Dundee, Strand, Park Ave and Strand. THERE WILL BE NO CUSTOM FEE FOR CORDOVAN THIS NIGHT. If you have dreamed about a navy shell chukka like I have, now is your chance.
I hope to see some of you at the event. If you can't make it, we are glad to take orders via phone or email.
Best,
Ryan

Very cool, thanks for sharing. I'm not allowing myself to partake, but I'm really curious what color Natural Brown shell is. Similar to Walnut shell, or even lighter?!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Best,
Ryan

Are all sizes and widths available?

ryansto

Reaction score

Are all sizes and widths available?

All sizes and widths in the standard size chart for each respective shoe. The size charts can be found on our website. You can email me if you have a specific request, as well.

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best,
Ryan

Green Patriot
Dark Brown Leeds
Natural Dundee or Natural Strand
Navy MacNeil

What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads