1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    So I was at a MJM today and they had some Allen Edmonds. Of course NOTHING in my size, the closest I got was a Katmai. I probably could have worn that one, but really needed

So, what is a MJM?

2. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Its like a BCF, but just shoes and some other leather type goods.

3. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

Finally received the Freiburg boots in russet brown yesterday, and the overall impression is positive. Nice looking boots that will do well in more casual business setting. Mine are firsts, and I couldn’t find any issues, with the exception of extra burnishing on the quarters of one of the pairs and the extra grain on the vamp of the right pair, which do not bother me. They are a solid buy for $199, but I don’t think I would pay full retail for them.

I ordered 8D and wish I would have also ordered the 7.5D. The shoe is a little loose, but fits fine with an insole. Unfortunately, by the time I received them yesterday, firsts in 7.5D were no longer available. I called AE customer service in the morning to see if they have any left in stock (they were pulled from the website) but they didn’t. Luckily, the Shoebank had them, and I was able to place an order for the sale price.

Hopefully, the pair that I get will be nice, as I really don’t want to go the insole route. Here are some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Wow! These are a nominee for the top 5 ugliest shoes AE has ever done.

5. jjtitus

jjtitus Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. I've thought of ordering 2 pairs. Just sucks that I'll have to wait 3-4 more weeks for the replacements as well. I might have to try going to a Dillard's and see what they have. I have a pair of 7.5E Strands that I feel are slightly too long too but have made do with them. I'll have to talk to the SA tomorrow and see what they suggest.

6. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Not your style? Perhaps something in a double monk strap:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. redmusic1

redmusic1 Senior member

Surely those were unfortunate victims of insurance fraud by fire.

1 person likes this.
  8. misterellington

misterellington Senior member

Good Holy God. Those look like something that passed through a Wildebeest's digestive tract. :(

And those red Morgans look like they were plucked from the drain under an abattoir's floor.

I AM kinda intrigued by those Fastballs though.

1 person likes this.
  9. misterellington

misterellington Senior member

“Hey Buddy! What size are they?”
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."

Sorry, but I did not make myself clear. I know BCF is Burlington Coat Factory, but what does MJM stand for?

11. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

As far as I know MJM stands for MJM. But their full name is MJM Designer Shoes.

EDIT: Sorry I forgot to quote the OP.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  12. redmusic1

redmusic1 Senior member

Has anyone else seen a central park in their size? I'm seeing a central park in brown. What? I thought it only came in black. And its full price at 299. Didn't seem that attractive in black, but now I'm curious.

13. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

These must have come from the same cow, which they BBQ'd before making the leather.

Yeah, I'm not sure how they got the leather like that. Seems like everyone wants to pre-distress stuff, saw jeans at Saks that had paint thrown on them. I'm just waiting for the day someone opens a pre-chewed restaurant.

I must admit the Fastballs made me stop for a second. Then I forced myself NOT to try them on just in case they fit. What kind of slacks would you think go with the red Morgans? Leather?

I think they were 9 or 9.5. Though I'm kicking myself for not remembering if they were marked as SECONDS. I really wonder what it was like in the factory when the order came down to make those. Could you imagine if you were a master craftsman who had worked there forever making fine Cordovan shoes for heads of state, and they brought THIS for you to make. I think I would quit on the spot.

1 person likes this.
  14. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

That is true and sometimes they screw up the lasting...I bought three pair of Oddenwalds in the same size and picked the two shoes that fit best and returned the others...I pay for my own returns so I don't feel bad about it. I have started doing that all the time now....I love AE however if they can not make items the same way then I feel it is something I need to do- honestly one pair of Oddenwalds was so mislasted I would have thought i needed another size....

15. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

these are both eee and I think both 65 lasted

16. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

Continuing the boot rotation - Chocolate Daltons today
    [​IMG]

Chris

2 people like this.
  17. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Amoks today.
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  18. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

These are all size 9EEE. Since I first posted this picture, less than a year ago, the shoes have continued to multiply like Tribbles and there are now many more of them. I should take a new picture of them all......

[​IMG]

19. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Whoah! Are those new? No creases! Unless you've managed to work out how to get the Mike Method to work on calf...

Great boots.

20. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

I'm not sure that they "screw up" the lasting. These shoes are hand-made, and I understand there will be some variances. I think the difference is due to the individual workers. Bruce, with 20 years experience and arms like a bodybuilder, is probably going to get the leather pretty tight on the last. Melody, the new worker, may have it looser. (All names are made-up.)
    I think that my Carlyles were lasted by Bruce.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.