• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leather o Dainite sole? I have the same thing happening on my few times worn Strand suede Dainite sole

Not sure if it's dainite, but it's the rubber tap sole that comes with the bourbon McAllisters.

That is the Vtread and should not be happening. I know theyes had issues with dainite and heels staying attached which is why I asked.

Skatenc123

Reaction score
Shell dalton for a quick stop into the office. Before heading to the fair!!

Last edited:

Principle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions for shoe trees that would fit the toe box of Promontory Point boots? If possible, cheaper alternatives to the branded stuff they sell directly from the site, please.

lemmy127

Reaction score

Any suggestions for shoe trees that would fit the toe box of Promontory Point boots? If possible, cheaper alternatives to the branded stuff they sell directly from the site, please.

Unbranded Woodlore

Sign up for their email and wait for a 30-40% off code to show up and you can get these at $11-$13 a pop.

Last edited:

SkySaw

Reaction score
I like navy odd pants and I like them with tan shoes.

Come at me bros.

Me too, 'cause it looks great. Websites like J. Crew have good examples of blue pants or suits with light brown shoes. I've burnished the toes of my walnut Players to tame them a little. Light shoes draw attention, so they have to work with the outfit. That's why I find walnut shoes jarring against jeans; to me it looks stylistically incongruous.

Brown Dynamite

Reaction score
Take them to an AE if you have one nearby, otherwise call or e-mail customer care with the photos. They will take care of you.
+1

I had this happen to my firsts black McAllisters (worn about 8 times) with leather soles. I dealt with AE via email and they sent me a label to ship them back for inspection. Received a call from a lady a couple of days later and she informed me that they would send me another pair.

Something similar started happening on my seconds Carlyles and I sent a picture over to my SA who told me to let him know if they got any worse and he'd get me another pair. The Carlyles aren't as bad, but we'll see what happens in the next couple of wearings.

Pretty stellar CS for both firsts and seconds if you ask me.

RichieP

Reaction score
Update on the Shaker Heights:

10.5 E on the Brannock but too much heel slip with E typically. Comfortable in 10.5 D on 65 last.

10 D was waaaaay too tight in Shaker Heights. Skipped 10.5 D and went straight to 11 D. Fits nicely, possibly could go 10.5 D but would be too tight, especially for heavier socks. I must have laced them oddly, as it was enormously difficult to get a foot in them even with a large shoehorn.

Dang, wished I had seen this earlier. I'm a 9.5D on the Brannock, but love all my 5-last shoes at 10D. Everyone seems to have sized up 1/2 from their 5-last size, and that put me off a bit. I was eyeing a black 10D on the shoe bank, but someone snagged it. Hope it was someone here!

Just as well, the car's check engine light came on this weekend. Gotta see how many pairs of AE's that's gonna cost.

Denton

Reaction score

Dang, wished I had seen this earlier.  I'm a 9.5D on the Brannock, but love all my 5-last shoes at 10D. Everyone seems to have sized up 1/2 from their 5-last size, and that put me off a bit. I was eyeing a black 10D on the shoe bank, but someone snagged it. Hope it was someone here!

Just as well, the car's check engine light came on this weekend. Gotta see how many pairs of AE's that's gonna cost. 

Look buddy, I'm trying to buy a house and come up with the down payment! The bill for the check engine light doesn't seem so big now!

Sorry you missed the Shaker Heights, it's a fun boot to wear. If it's any consolation it's still in production in the brown/olive so you'll have your chance, I'm sure there's another pair on closeout that will show up.

RitchieBro

Reaction score
New to the forum......ran into super deals at Macy's this weekend; University in black for $102, gridiron for $82, and Hanover bourbon for $127. Could not resist all three. Also had Carlyle for same price as the Hanover, but 1/2 size too big
1f61e.png
. 3 pairs for less than the regular price of one!!

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You just missed the JAB sale. Several times a year they have them 3 for $25:
http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/Product_11001_10050_101593
They are the exact same Woodlore trees as the AE trees, just with the JAB name on 'em. I'm sure the sale will be back within a few months. Just plan on stocking up then.

Irish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are folks using the regular Chili polish on Bob's Chili? Mixing it with brown? Or is there a Bob's Chili polish that I'm not seeing? Great color -- picked up a pair of Fifth Ave. seconds to try it out -- but I'm not sure the best way to shine 'em up.

LeviMay

Reaction score
Had my first instance of rubbing vehicles together on the lot in over four years. At least one pair of AE, probably more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics