1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mosy

mosy Senior member

Thanks Burzan. Maybe I will do that, as I don't mind the lighter color - it actually looks like a pre-patina'd shoe, lol.

Any other opinions out there? Do I need to lighten the darker shoe in order to wear this pair, or can I wear as-is? (If unwearable as-is, should I ask Shoe Bank for an additional discount?)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  2. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

If it were me, I'd do both. Keep them and wear them immediately and on the days you aren't wearing them, try Burzan's treatment.

3. shoelover

shoelover Senior member

This should be mandatory in every public restroom.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Or just suck up your manhood and sit to pee :). Lol The sacrifices to keep yer shoes clean.

1 person likes this.
  5. powerkicker

powerkicker Senior member

I have the Bellevue and they look good with jeans. I think they look too clunky for dress pants FYI.

6. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Senior member

Sunday suede Fullertons at The Illusionists for our anniversary today. Wish I had bought these in the chili grain model too.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

Looks like the Shearling First Ave is back at $375. Mighty tempting.

8. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

9. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

I never know how to wear my Fullertons, and as such, they sit in my closet more than I wish. But - I think you have inspired me to pull them out tomorrow. Now, what to pair them with?!

10. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

I think they will look great with chinos and an odd jacket. Do post pictures tomorrow, you know the drill :).

11. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

Have you looked at the Dundee in brown grain - it comes with the Dainite sole. I didn't know if you were interested in brown grain, but I got this version just for the Dainite sole and wet weather.

Chris

12. Dario65

Dario65 Senior member

I didn't notice the sole. I hadn't gotten past the grain as an option. Might have to reconsider.

13. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

I like the grain, it works well with this style in my opinion.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Shake it up.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

Thanks! They're brown. And probably my last acquisition for quite some time. 7th pair in a year and a half. Pretty good way to go out on top, though. :slayer: I do have a pair of burgundy Cambriges, and I never did anything special to them. Just wore them as they came from the seconds factory, and just brush and buff. I like them being my "stealth" expensive shoes. They don't look like it, but I know they are. However, with the Strands, I think I might want to give them a little more "look at these babies" SF shine, like peppercorn's spoilered Kenilworths below.
    So, Pep, how do you get that shine? It is hard to do? I'd always be worried about messing up the shoe, because I don't know what I'm doing with shell.

16. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Thanks!! I find that AE's shell takes some time and many wears to "beat the leather into submission" (words of the immortal Cold Iron). This particular pair was quite matte and dry right out of the box. After about 20 wears, they started to gloss up pretty nicely. I suspect that that's when some of the impregnated fats start to move up to the surface. I did give them one conditioning (1 coat of lexol, buffed off 24 hours later, then finishing with 1 coat of VSC) after around 10 wears, but other than that, it's been the abridged "Mike Method."

I'd spend some time snooping around @mdubs web site for more cordovan tips (and gratuitous shell pr0n):

http://aldenofsandiego.com/caring-for-your-shell-cordovan/

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  17. jet-stream

jet-stream Senior member

For those of you with Clark Streets, how do you like them? Do they often work into the rotation? I'm thinking of picking up a pair during the current sale, mainly as a foul weather/dressy enough shoe. Most photos I remember are of the natural CXL - does anyone have (and like) the brown? Many thanks!

18. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

I've been traveling for a while, and away from the forum. Is the MacGregor now a closeout model? Is it being completely discontinued, or replaced with a 2.0 model?

19. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

Just placed an order for the brown Freiburg. I am really hoping that AE photography was at its best again :)

20. DNSamurai

DNSamurai Senior member

I just had a pair of the natties delivered. Initial impression is that I like them a lot more than I expected. Super soft leather, very comfortable right out of the box. They do seem to run a little longer than I thought, so I'm going to order a half size down for comparison. I was told only the brown is available now in that size, so I'm going to order it and then compare the two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.