• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WICaniac

Reaction score
Those shoes look great, especially for $219! I wouldn't worry too much about the creasing, and that's saying a lot coming from me. I personally would keep them. I've had that happen to me on a few pairs of shoes, and shoe trees have always pushed the creases out at least a little bit.

+1

rostov

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. Not sure which shoe has an offset wingtip but yeah it appears that the wingtip and eyestays on the left shoe is sitting higher than the right shoes.

Not that anybody would put a ruler on my shoes, but just to scale the difference for those looking through their phones and PCs. The left shoes's wingtips and eyestays are quarter of an inch higher than the right shoes. If it was just the wingtip I would have probably been fine with it but because the eyestay have shifted as well it has resulted to almost closed eyestay gap on the left shoe when laced.

My Ridgeways, purchased as seconds had this exact same problem. It took me 2 weeks to figure out why they were seconds: the wingtips were about a quarter to a half inch higher/lower on the shoes. No problem with the eyelets, however. As seconds, I counted myself lucky. With firsts, I'd be more picky.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My Ridgeways, purchased as seconds had this exact same problem. It took me 2 weeks to figure out why they were seconds: the wingtips were about a quarter to a half inch higher/lower on the shoes. No problem with the eyelets, however. As seconds, I counted myself lucky. With firsts, I'd be more picky.
In the end I sent Allison an email. Everytime I look down I see closed eyestays at the top of my left shoe and a perfect gap on the right shoe. I couldn't get passed it. Of course I can always put a tongue pad on the left shoe - which id do if these were seconds but with firsts I thought if ask what can be done.

rusty18

Reaction score
I've been hemming and hawing over a pair of Ostrich Randolph loafers in chili on the shoebank for a couple of months now, ostrich holds a special place in my heart as I visited Thailand around the age of 15 and had the worst pair of square toe loafers ever made in black ostrich. It was a miracle: bespoke in 12 hours!M :satisfied:

They are $450 I believe. Any experience with AE Ostrich here?

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are $450 I believe. Any experience with AE Ostrich here?

Yes, it's delicious in gumbo.
stirpot.gif

Last edited:

RichieP

Reaction score

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Great. Another to add to the fight. And here I was wondering how I missed those 11.5Ds. Gonna have to have a talk with Earl about this.

RichieP

Reaction score
Question for the recent Shaker Heights owners: how tall is the shaft on this boot?

Since I'm not used to wearing boots, I greatly preferred the Bleecker Streets compared to the Daltons and Long Branches I tried on. I'd guess it's a good 2 inches shorter.

Thanks,
Rich

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Question for the recent Shaker Heights owners:  how tall is the shaft on this boot?

Since I'm not used to wearing boots, I greatly preferred the Bleecker Streets compared to the Daltons and Long Branches I tried on.  I'd guess it's a good 2 inches shorter.

Thanks,
Rich

Shakers are same height as Long Branch.

Sounds like you're looking for an ankle boot.

CMT1

Reaction score

Great. Another to add to the fight. And here I was wondering how I missed those 11.5Ds. Gonna have to have a talk with Earl about this.

These were found in a concept store. They had been ordered for one of their clients who never returned, and the shoes were not entered back into the system. They did not show at Shoebank and it took my rep almost a half hour of calling to uncover them. I had originally asked about the size 11 Ds that were showing at Shoebank, but they were no longer available.

Somehow, I'm guessing likely due to the popularity of the brown shell Strand, John at the Destin store remembered the unicorn pair of 11.5Ds, and found and called the store. Since homeboy had yet to pick them up, they were mine. I really lucked out as I wouldn't have these shoes without John's insane memory.

I can't get enough of this color.

kpag

Reaction score
So I went to my local store yesterday pretty much intent on buying a pair of chili McGregors. The color is amazing in person but I didn't fall in love with the shoe on my foot. I left empty handed. I think I'll wait for chili strands to show up in my size

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Gotcha, thats good your SA. My old SA was like that, however no longer there :( Were they 2nds or 1sts? I think you told me but can't remember. I think I'm following the same lines as yourself and really preferring the captoes vs wingtps. However a big fan of long wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads