• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cxk5075

Reaction score

For cordovan burgundy, which do you believe is the more versatile shoe, the Bradley or the Leeds? I'm leaning toward the Bradley but worried that it's a one trick pony. Which would you wear more for business casual and casual (dark jeans)?

PSA: was just looking on Shoebank.com and shell seconds are back to the $325 price. You might be able to score both for $650 if they have your size!

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA: was just looking on Shoebank.com and shell seconds are back to the $325 price.

The RDA sale at Shoebank has begun!! Calf Daltons (other than Walnut) are $219.

Gentlemen - start your engines!

Last edited:

YoungSweet

Reaction score

PSA: was just looking on Shoebank.com and shell seconds are back to the $325 price. You might be able to score both for $650 if they have your size!

I say thank you, my wallet says damn you

rostov

Reaction score
To help everyone out, I've uploaded an updated CSV file containing this morning's shoebank inventory and updated pricing. Rather than link to an online spreadsheeting service, which didn't work out too well last time, this is the raw file and you'll need to import it into Excel / OpenOffice / Apple Numbers.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To help everyone out, I've uploaded an updated CSV file containing this morning's shoebank inventory and updated pricing. Rather than link to an online spreadsheeting service, which didn't work out too well last time, this is the raw file and you'll need to import it into Excel / OpenOffice / Apple Numbers.

You planning on picking up anything? i was toying with the idea of those choco daltons.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if there are markdowns on RL/BB going on?

Didn't see anything in my size I was interested in, but hope everyone else gets something!

rostov

Reaction score
You planning on picking up anything? i was toying with the idea of those choco daltons.

No. I'm in the doghouse with the wife over last month's spending spree. For now, I'll just wait to wait for my GMTO to come back and for my cobbler to finish up the couple pairs I have him fixing.

If I hadn't massively blown my budget during the last 2 sales, I'd buy Bob's Chili McGregors and do an MTO of the Long Branch. Shell cordovan seconds for $325 is always tempting, but I'd want a MacNeil or Dundee and neither are available in my size or near-sizes. I might have even considered a black shell PA and sold my ill-fitting 5th Aves, but it too is out of stock (at the shoebank).

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing much of interest in my size range though I will have to look closer and see if there are any better fitting options for a few pair o really like and own already.

DesertRat

Reaction score
How do you purchase from the shoebank? Do you just call the store(s) that are listed and order from them? Can you get a description as to condition from the store or do they just send them to you?

Newbie.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you purchase from the shoebank? Do you just call the store(s) that are listed and order from them? Can you get a description as to condition from the store or do they just send them to you?

Newbie.
Yes to calling the store to order. You can also email, but calling is usually more efficient. It's a good practice to make a relationship with a Sales Associate at one particular store and use that person for all of your purchases. They'll normally take good care of you. I've had very good experiences with Terri and Wendy in Jeffersonville, Ohio.

As far as judging condition for you. that's fine when they are not busy. During these sales, they're usually being pulled in many different directions and may not have time to check out the condition for you.

Good luck.

DesertRat

Reaction score

Yes to calling the store to order.  You can also email, but calling is usually more efficient.  It's a good practice to make a relationship with a Sales Associate at one particular store and use that person for all of your purchases.  They'll normally take good care of you.  I've had very good experiences with Terri and Wendy in Jeffersonville, Ohio.

As far as judging condition for you. that's fine when they are not busy.  During these sales, they're usually being pulled in many different directions and may not have time to check out the condition for you. 

Good luck.

Thanks!

Jackboot

Reaction score
Fifth Aves are on sale from the shoebank for $199, but I think they've been available recently for as low as $125 (2 for $250 sale) and maybe a couple times at around $150. Does anyone remember for certain? I'd like to grab a pair in the "Bob's Chili" color, but I'm wondering if I should just wait for a better sale...

lemmy127

Reaction score
I've gotten Brook Brothers Fifth Aves in a 2 for $250, but I'm pretty sure that sale is dead and the best you can do is 2 for $299 now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads