• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My LB have daek welt too. I'm not bothered.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just think about how much nicer it could look with the lighter welt!

:)

Well, the light mud caked onto it creates a reasonable facsimile, and it's still not appreciably better. ;)

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kahuna75 I Know the woman you mean - blonde haired lady. She is always polite and helpful.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday while I was there - the floor models are in pretty bad shape. There is a walnut 5th Ave with no stitching at all on the cap toe. Its quite funny. I know that that shoe has been displayed like that since 2011, at the least.

Last edited:

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This pic makes me like the Gobi Chukka in the brown leather

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@kahuna75 I Know the woman you mean - blonde haired lady. She is always polite and helpful.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday while I was there - the floor models are in pretty bad shape. There is a walnut 5th Ave with no stitching at all on the cap toe. Its quite funny. I know that that shoe has been displayed like that since 2011, at the least.

Yes that is her, sorry I missed you. Unless you were the guy exchanging the black boots...that was the only other person in there when I was there.

epc2

Reaction score
Hi. Guys,

How's the quality of AE suede?, never seen their suede in person, I have Alden suede which I like and I'm thinking about ordering a snuff suede Gobi, is AE suede similar to Alden in quality?

TIA.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The brown leather gobi does look really smart!

AE suede is nice. I have the amok and strand in suede. I like them both.

I've handled better suede from the likes of PRL made in england/italy shoes, but I don't have any complaints.

Last edited:

Brown Dynamite

Reaction score
I'm looking at picking up (more like exchanging) a pair of McAllisters and am in between bourbon and burnished chili...anyone have any recommendations for one vs. the other? I don't have a shoe in either of these colors.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
They changed them this season. Yours should have the vibram gumlite sole too. That was also changed from the Regular (?) Vibram Commando sole.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regent Streets. My first and favorite pair of AEs:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads