1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keepsake89

keepsake89 Senior member

What pair is that on the last picture to the very right? Those are gorgeous

2. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

Can I get details on the cordovan sale? How do I order and what are the prices?

3. harlequin782

harlequin782 Senior member

Don't blame either one of you (pep, Ritchie or whoever else)....its long overdue if you ask me...I dont care who's side youre on, this blaster psychopath is ridiculous...I think he thinks I'm being patronizing toward him or AE, or he seems to think I'm speaking with double meaning or something when I say I like the direction AE is headed. I fully acknowledge that AE has made many a style blunder, but I also can acknowledge when theyre moving in the direction I want then to go as a consumer. Again, I have yet to see him or anyone else provide any reason for his unprovoked attack other than me apparently expressing a sentiment for AE that I'm assuming, guessing by the vitriol he initiated toward me, he doesn't maybe share (? - just a guess)... Is expressing appreciation for AE in the Appreciation thread against the rules or something?...because he seems to be reading way more into it than I could've ever intended...I could see if I said he shouldnt wear x,y,z because its ugly...but my God...I've never seen this level of butthurt over such a simple remark that was never even directed toward him or anyone else, in my life.

i acknowledge that I've responded in kind to his attack, but I would be interested to know what we're even arguing about?...I don't mean this sort of sarcastic dickwad "yah right! as if you don't know why I got mad at your post!" type of explanation either. ..I mean seriously, what is all the anger about from this guy?..

p.s. Nice Bocas polo....wanted to get a pair a couple of years back..good snag.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  4. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

Boca Raton. Discontinued and on the 3 last. They never fit right so I sold them.

5. HealthActuary

HealthActuary Senior member

Snuff suede Dundee 2.0s Round 2 come in tomorrow. Oh boy, I am beyond excited. I've never needed to exchange more than once before. I cannot wait to give them some TLC via brushing and a coat of waterproofing spray then show them off to the world.

Obviously pictures will be posted tomorrow. There's no other options!!

6. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

What are the balmoral boots and are the tassel loafers next to them ruby shell, or a variant of burgundy?

7. misterellington

misterellington Senior member

Goddamn...that is a pretty batch o' shoe leather there, sir!

8. misterellington

misterellington Senior member

Sheeeee-*t, but I am glad Neo1 lucked across those Merlot ones for me in Braintree. I have a gorgeous gray Gieves & Hawkes double-breasted small herringbone patterned suit that is waiting for the day—in a couple weeks or so—to break those Franciscans out with.

Thanks again for the tip Neo1!

[​IMG]

9. CMT1

CMT1 Senior member

Just curious - How new is their "new" burgundy shell? If it helps, here's my J. Crew PCTs next to my Dundees that were purchased in late February: [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Those look great and I love the color. I really need to pick up some sort of monk strap at some point, as so far I've just been appreciating the look from afar. Brushed up and ready for Walnut Wednesday: [​IMG] Have a good one, all!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    2 people like this.
  10. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

The balboot is Cognac shell from Carmina. The tassel loafers are plain old AE Grayson in burgundy shell. This was before AE changed its finishing and I also lucked on a batch that was lighter and with less brown tones than what burgundy normally would be.

For reference the shoe on the right most is a burgundy shell strand from the last GMTO which was right when AE started using its new finishing technique.

Thank you!

11. LanceM

LanceM Senior member

@CMT1 those look great! Last fall, people that were apart of the GMTO strand mentioned the burgundy color was very dark. Looks like it's, still lighter than Alden's color.

12. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Senior member

PSA;
    Several nice price drops this morning at the ShoeBank.
    shell is under $400, lowest price in some time.

***Received a 25% off on current styles sales email from Destin (11-5 until 11-11), they are a great store to work with. (hoping this is not just on items in THEIR store?)
    -If all of shoebank is available at this discount, this would be best seconds sale in awhile, since there was a price drop last night.

Added:
    Shoebank prices are already marked down 25%,
    no further discounts coming,
    and sale pricing is across all of shoebank on current models.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    2 people like this.
  13. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

The Hinsdale - shortwing blucher. Had to add some color to play off the yellow shirt I'm wearing.
    [​IMG]

Chris

1 person likes this.
  14. Brown Dynamite

Brown Dynamite Senior member

Thanks for the heads up on both accounts!

I wonder if the dropped prices are already inclusive of the 25% off? It seems AE tends to start their sales earlier than advertised quite regularly.

15. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Senior member

1 person likes this.
  16. redmusic1

redmusic1 Senior member

First Walnut Wednesday in a while. I'm usually a little more formal on Wednesdays.
    [​IMG]

Edit: Yes, those are Valentine's day hearts on my mug.

17. redmusic1

redmusic1 Senior member

I'm kinda disappointed in the price drop. I finally pulled the trigger on a pair of Merlot PA's yesterday. If I had known this was coming, I would I've spent this quarter's shoe budget on a pair of the brown fifth streets I've been wanting so bad. (Of course, their presence might be an inventory error since I've run into that twice before.)

1 person likes this.
  18. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

Call the SA and request a price adjustment? Or ask for a return/exchange?

1 person likes this.
  19. redmusic1

redmusic1 Senior member

Price wouldn't be any different as the PA's are discontinued, and I haven't received them yet so can't exchange at the moment. I still want the merlot PA's, just saying that this would have influenced my decision. And then the Merlot PA's could have been gone, or they could have dropped in price. Regardless, it is what it is. I'm not crushed, just a little disappointed it wasn't advertised.

20. fox15

fox15 Well-Known Member

I'm with you there, I pulled the trigger on some black 5th St end of last week and they shipped yesterday. Hoping this sale holds out so I can take advantage of the $10 restocking fee if there's any issue beyond trivial

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.