1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

I use polish because it's cheaper and I'm a cheap ass. For my walnut stands I use the light brown from saphir.

2. xxxRacer

xxxRacer Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is true but I've been told that polish should be used lightly every two weeks and wax maybe once or twice a year as needed. But that could just be pretentious bs. Which is why I follow it.

3. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Not the prettiest shoe in my rotation, but sturdy, rugged, and damn comfortable. Rough grey McTavish

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  4. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

Under rated great looking and comfortable shoes. I have a brand new pair in size 8.5 D sitting in my closet for the past year. Obviously not my size, PM me if anyone would want them for cheap.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  5. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Polish comes in cream and wax variants. Really depends on how many pairs of shoes you have how often you need to use it. I think I use cream polish on my shoes every two months with a regular rotation of at least 10.

6. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Love my pair! Just need to reach for them more often. (Yet another reminder it is time to trim the heard.)

1 person likes this.
  7. BKBridge

BKBridge Well-Known Member

First a little bragging...

Daltons finally came in from RDA sale! Oxblood with Dainite sole.

[​IMG]

Okay now for the real bragging. I was browsing the rack today and found a manistee belt in my size with no tag. It was perfect condition except for very heavy burnished on the tip of the belt. I paid $5, unbelievable.

Now onto business, Cordovan sale is live!

I'm ready to buy my first pair of shell and want to get something special. Definitely going something in cherry/color 8 and want to get something they don't ordinarily offer. Considering the following:

Franciscan
    Mora
    Cornwallis
    Fifth Ave
    Fifth St.

My wardrobe is pretty well covered with styles and colors but wouldn't mind another walnut and burgundy shoe. I've been looking for merlot Franciscans ever since someone posted a pair last month. I had thought my game plan was cordovan Franciscan and walnut strands but I'm having second thoughts. Franciscans are being discountinued and I am now considering a Walnut pair at the soon to be clearance price. I already own a Cornwallis in dark brown but they're easily my favorite suit shoe.

2 people like this.
  8. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

I just ordered the Cornwallis in brown shell. I think burgundy would also look amazing. I also think the FA would be beautiful. I considered it, but I have the PA and Strand in burgundy shell already, so it seemed a bit redundant. What about the Rogue? I love mine.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. suuteebird

suuteebird Active Member

How does one find out which styles are being discontinued?

10. thefoxtooth

thefoxtooth Senior member

On that note, is the Shelton saddle shoe discontinued? Anyone know?

11. garland

garland Senior member

Burgundy cordovan Cornwallis is already being planned for early next year. If anyone is considering one, it makes no sense to get it now unless you absolutely can't wait. Brown though, thats where the money is!

1 person likes this.
  12. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

Yes

13. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

Someone requested for pictures of cordovan. I'm late to the party
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  14. peppercorn78

Now see? That's just showing off. Where the navy blue shoes at?

15. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

Haha old picture. I'll update over the weekend to include the navy shell shoes. Sold off the strand and jefferson though.

16. BKBridge

Good to know that the Cornwallis is coming next year in burgundy shell, that's precisely what I'm trying to avoid. I'm still favoring the franciscan but the fifth ave is growing on me more and more. Revised, in order:

Franciscan
    Fifth Ave
    Fifth St
    Mora

I have a weird love/hate thing with the Mora. I saw a guy wearing them over the weekend and thought they looked amazing. I could never get them to fit right however I think I've finally figured out my sizing. I was never a fan of the Rogue however those look amazing! I still don't think they're my thing though.

17. BKBridge

Living in NYC I am spoiled with 4 flagship stores within 5 mins of each other. Being the AE shoe addict that I am, I know all the styles on the website plus visit all four stores regularly. It's quite obvious which styles are missing. In this case, I asked specifically about the Franciscan since I wanted a shell pair made. The SA informed me they did not have any in stock and that they're being discontinued. Based on my observations, it seems all the 3 last shoes are slated for the chopping block. Other than the Franciscan, this is purely based on my opinion.

1 person likes this.
  18. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

This is certainly muddying up this thread, so I hate to reinforce it in anyway...

But, I got a great laugh out of the grammar slip-up, especially from someone who keeps mentioning reading and comprehension skills.

19. peppercorn78

aaaaannnd......blocked.

2 people like this.
  20. RitchieBro

RitchieBro Senior member

Ditto. (harlequin, not you pep)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.