Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

They have made both burnished brown and "walnut grain" (pebble grain) in the past. You may just want to call them and find out - they will be able to tell by the model #.

Thank you for your write-up - that's exactly what I was looking for. Congrats!

2. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Those are made of AE's "polished cobbler" calfskin leather. Nice shoe! You should treat them with conditioner and go light on the polish (polish will get stuck in the creases and look bad).

3. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

For the Italian shoe enthusiasts (you know who you are, Jubei), which of these would you recommend as a first purchase? I'm partial to lace-ups over loafers, but could be convinced to try something new:

Modena
    Vinci
    Cerreto
    Pesaro
    Milford

Also, is the last on these generally TTS?

Thanks!

4. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

did you ordered the snuff suede or the dark chocolate? I wanted the dark chocolate but they don't have it in my size...so I went with Sand.

5. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Senior member

Thanks for the heads up on the leather and caring for these shoes. Do you have a particular conditioner you would recommend?

6. mythage

mythage Senior member

I use the one AE carries

7. reydogg23

reydogg23 Senior member

I went with chocolate. I was on the fence between chocolate and snuff but wanted something darker and a bigger contrast from rest of my collection.

8. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

nice, mind post some pics once you got them?

9. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

I just got a list of shoes in 9.5D from Freeport. While there weren't any shoes that I need right now, I wanted to pass along they both the Bayfield (black or brown) and North Platte in brown on the 2 for $200 sale. Both are available in 1st quality.

So if you are looking for these boots in 9.5D, contact them quick as they only have 1 or 2 available in each.

Contact is [email protected]

Chris

10. asalerno

asalerno Active Member

anyone have any experience or photos in the wild of the san marco in brown grain? Thinking of getting a pair of those and the sand player's (would also love to see a photo of these).

11. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior member

Anybody have an answer for this man? I am curious also. Are they they same and will AE recraft them?

Thanks

12. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

They are virtually the same. The Brooks have some rubber on the outsoles and Poron insoles; but construction, lasts, and design otherwise are identical.

There was a comment a while back that Brooks had not initially chosen to participate in the AE recrafting program. Not sure what the status is. Probably need to ask AE about that when you inquire about the shoes.

13. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior member

Thanks! I'll pull the trigger then after I ask AE. Heads up: there are also neumoras available in seconds, but I'm not sure if I should buy them in light of the strap recall

14. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

My local menswear / shoe store has the brown grain San Marcos and they said they would sell them to me at half price. I tried them on and really wanted to like them (at half off!). But the right shoe digs into my foot where it creases when I walk. The San Marco is on the 222 last which is the same at the Players, Lombard, and Sutter. I have all 3 of these and they all fit great. But for some reason, the San Marco cuts into my foot - maybe it is just that particular pair at the store and how it was made.

My Players are in snuff, so I can't help with a photo. But the Players are extremely comforable - I think the suede is much more forgiving than the calf.

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.