1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

I'd request a new/different pair.

2. SSingh1975

SSingh1975 Well-Known Member

Got my 5th Street from the Shoebank sale...LOVE IT!!

This is my 1st pair of brown boots so stoked. As others stated, I went down 1/2 size and upped width to "E" (from normal).

Boots fit like a glove (unlike my prev Daltons which I ended up selling cos I could never get a glove fit ...eventually got the tan Loakes Bufford in same size which is perfect).

Was surprised boots require no break-in.

This one will be hard to take off ...dayum I love this so much, I might actually start dressing up for the weekends just so I can wear these.

Only thing is after wearing my Loakes (dainite sole), the leather sole feels butterish!! Might remediate that later but for now, loving these boots!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. CGKIII

CGKIII Well-Known Member

That looks like some really, really loose lacing for bal boots, intentional?

4. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

Those boots look gorgeous. Just ordered my first pair of boots today... Hope I stop at 1

5. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Update. Just got home and saw the shoes again. Gravity has helped a bit.

6. SSingh1975

SSingh1975 Well-Known Member

Hah.....I call it excitement ;-). Came home ...the boots were sitting at my front door and I had to rush to the gym so it was a quick 'trial' for fit ....I had a terrible experience with the Dalton's so wanted to make sure these were comfy in every way.

Can't wait to wear it tomorrow! Highly recommend (as long as one keeps a mental note of the size/width).

7. SimplyStylin

SimplyStylin Senior member

Well you already called them your "first" pair of boots, so most likely you have intentions of ordering more. Don't fight it.

8. shades9323

shades9323 Well-Known Member

What color Allen Edmonds would go with black pants? I have a hard time discerning their colors. Bought a pair of Chestnut color and it looks more dark brown to me. Which style would be more casual and go with jeans?

9. Scarlet

Scarlet Senior member

No shade of brown shoes goes with black pants. You could maybe get some black longwings to go with black jeans, dunno if they'd be kosher with a black suit though.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  10. shades9323

shades9323 Well-Known Member

My thoughts seemed to merge together there. I know brown shoes won't go with black. Just illustrating that I don't know their colors well. I thought the chestnut would be a lighter brown. I am looking for a second pair of Edmonds that would go with black pants. Is black the only color? Or would a burgundy? Would that be Edmonds oxbloods and merlots?

11. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

I feel with black I would only wear black. How about something like the Mcgregors. You can pull them off with black jean or even slacks.

1 person likes this.
  12. P12OFIT

P12OFIT Senior member

Every time I buy a new pair of AE shoes I tell myself they are my favorite pair. These brown burnished Fifth Aves are amazing. I need to stop buying shoes for a little while though. I've been wanting Mora 2.0s and while I was in the store today, my SA brought a pair out in my size and put them on the floor in front of me. I resisted for about 10 minutes before putting them on. I managed to still say no.

1 person likes this.
  13. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

Since I missed that damn Neumora I wanted the Mora 2.0. Finally tried it last Thurs and boy did it not fit well. Lucky for me the Norwich worked out as good as it did, single monk is better than no monk.

1 person likes this.
  14. P12OFIT

P12OFIT Senior member

I liked it, but it felt a little big. I didn't try on a different size because I am trying to cut wardrobe spending a bit. She offered a great discount, but I still had to decline.. for now.

15. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

Yeah that's the problem with asking the internet. I tried some 511 last (Dalton I think) last year and I was same size as my 65 - 10D. Really best to try for yourself.

1 person likes this.
  16. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

I wear the same size in all three. That doesn't mean that they all fit the same though.
    To me, the 65 is the best fit. It's a little snug on my little toe on the left foot at first, but loosens up and fits pretty good.
    The 511 isn't too bad either. It's a little shorter than the 65, and also fits pretty well.
    The 3 last is the roomiest of these three. I could probably go down a half size, or reduce the width, and have a little better fit.

1 person likes this.
  17. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

Ha ha. Good luck with that, buddy! :happy:

18. redmusic1

redmusic1 Senior member

Actually sounds exactly how would describe the way the 65 and 3 fit me.

19. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

thanks, i'll go with my 511 last size then...

20. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

I ordered the Daltons in Walnut in the normal sole. Now debating if I should have gotten them in Dainite, logically living in FL it makes for sense. I already have the Mcgregor and Clark St in Dainite and really enjoy them.

Thoughts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.