1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR Magat

JR Magat Senior member

Too bad we're not the same size! And thanks!
    I think @NAMOR can attest to this. And I agree, I might consider an antiqued edge sole on dainite or commando down the road.

2. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

Gentlemen,

I am afraid that my post from last evening may have gone unnoticed, so I apologize for the repost.

Those of you that have seen the Dalton in dark chili and the MacNeil 2.0 in dark chili in person, would you say the colors are the same/similar? I do know that the color codes are different.

Thank you in advance

3. garland

garland Senior member

For what its worth, they're made using the same leather. Any differences are going to be between specific pairs seeing as they are hand finished colors.

4. shoenoobie

shoenoobie Well-Known Member

After getting sized as 10.75 on the Brannock device... My best size for the 5 Last is really 9.5 EEE.

10.75 vs. 9.5. (More like a 9.25 if available). The sizing challenge continues on...

5. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Styleforum gmto merlot eagle county
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Oh yeah I think 1/2 down is the way to go. I've read some people getting away with 1 down but 1/2 makes for a comfortable fit and still have wiggle toes for room. Whenever I go on a backpacking trip with lots of walking involved I will includes the 744 with my luggage. As my feet expand, the 744 have space to accomdate the expanding feet.

7. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Great looking eagles, fellas!

8. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

MTO'd a pair in golden brown CXL for $197 myself [​IMG]

It's my beater for rain and snow in NYC.

9. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

Thank you!

10. Beach Bum

Beach Bum Senior member

I posted asking about the Wolverine 744's a few days ago. And a big thanks to JR Magat, M635Guy, halfnhalf, jzrh and others may have missed for providing feedback.

I'm yet to return to the Rack since haven't had a chance and may not for another week or so. My plan is to buy them and can always return if need be before wearing, that is if they're still there. Based on seeing other higher end stuff linger for awhile my guess is they'll be on the shelf still next week, particularly at that price point. Fingers crossed.

And saw another note about the Promontory Point. Coincidentally I scooped up a pair of these last year also at the Rack in black. They are awesome, fit great, and agree with others that they are a perfect winter beater. Can't wait to start wearing them again this season although 70s are in the near forecast.

Thanks.

11. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

I'd be very surprised if they wouldn't ship them to you if you called. Just sayin'...

12. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

Wearing my black Veronas today; these get almost no love. Super comfortable, sole like rice paper, and I got them in black so they have extremely limited utility. But I just love the look. [​IMG]

13. Niceguy

Niceguy Member

Let's say you are a 9 D in Strands, Park Ave, and even the Carlyle, and you see online a very steeply discounted pair of McGregor firsts in a 9 E. Would you roll the dice for $100? This addiction is getting rough!

14. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

I would advise against it. McGregor is a blucher and will fit a bit looser than a balmoral.
    Buy shoes that fit and not because they are cheap.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  15. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

Made a visit to my local BCF over the weekend and scored a pair of Walnut Rutledge seconds. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. RLeslieS

RLeslieS Senior member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Niceguy [​IMG]

Let's say you are a 9 D in Strands, Park Ave, and even the Carlyle, and you see online a very steeply discounted pair of McGregor firsts in a 9 E. Would you roll the dice for $100? This addiction is getting rough!

-----------------------------

Like YoungSweet, I would advise against this. McGregors fit larger than 65-last bals. In those, you might even take a 9 B.

17. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

I normally wear a 7D. You have no idea how many pairs of firsts I have come across at BCF in 7E for under $70 - really good stuff too. Larchmont, Quinton, Black Hills, Fairmont, Winnetka, Rutledge. Every pair I tried on I had to pass, regardless of the price. If it doesn't fit, don't do it, plain and simple.

18. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

What is that supposed to mean? I think the Verona is one of the best things out there right now. I'd pick them up in a minute if I didn't already own 2 pairs of Luccas and the Taormina (all firsts). I wear the Lucca a ton with black or charcoal gray pants. Happy to see someone finally post about the Verona after all this time.

19. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

To some, black loafers are a bit of an oxymoron. The black is a formal color, the loafer a casual style.

20. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.