• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sent my RL Sanderson by ae for heels. They wouldn't do them when they got to the factory, but they sent them back with a $35 gift card. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

Was it simply because they were RL shoes? Or was there some other reason?

The heels of my Sandersons are wearing down faster than I'd like, and I feel like they might need a new heel sooner than expected.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was it simply because they were RL shoes? Or was there some other reason?

The heels of my Sandersons are wearing down faster than I'd like, and I feel like they might need a new heel sooner than expected.
Pretty much because they were RL shoes. Like the poster I quoted said, they basically deny that they make the shoes, even though the shoebank told me they were recraftable when I asked them.

I wear through my heels pretty quickly so I had to replace the heels on my Sandersons already. I live in NY so I just dropped them off at B Nelson, which was $50 i think for JR heels.

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, all. I have a pair of McGraws winging their way towards me as I type.

CMT1

Reaction score
I just returned from my local AE store where they had received word of an upcoming "huge" shell cordovan sale from Sept.11-14, but they could only tell me that prices would start at $325.

I'm waiting for more info, but I'm definitely in. I just need a pair of black shell Park Aves and I'm done! :slayer:

yeah right

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

I just returned from my local AE store where they had received word of an upcoming "huge" shell cordovan sale from Sept.11-14, but they could only tell me that prices would start at $325.

I'm waiting for more info, but I'm definitely in. I just need a pair of black shell Park Aves and I'm done! :slayer:

yeah right

You have my attention. :)

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yeah right

Oh dear. I'm going to have to spend money. Was it an outlet? This was seconds, right?

Billyboy316

Reaction score
I still have the Adams in10eee available...however, I might consider returning them for another closeout shoe if anyone is interested. You would get the same deal I had (2 for $299 sale). $150 for the pair plus NYS sales tax, plus return shipping. Approximately $175.

I would see if they can ship directly to you in order to save on shipping....otherwise add shipping from me to you.

If you are looking for a pair from their Independence line (ie. Hancock, Williams, Adams, Rutledge...) which go for $229 and up, then it would be a decent savings for you.

Check the shoebank.com site for your size. Under "status", choose "closeouts".

Send me a PM if interested.

CMT1

Reaction score

You have my attention. :)

Oh dear. I'm going to have to spend money. Was it an outlet? This was seconds, right?

Yep! The Destin, Fla. outlet. When queried they were not sure that the sale was confined to seconds, just that the seconds were obviously included and that prices "started at $325." They couldn't tell me any more and I am awaiting more info.

Last edited:

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing to do with AE but do anyone anything by Alfred Sargent? Thoughts compared to ae or alden?

Last edited:

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep! The Destin, Fla. outlet. When queried they were not sure that the sale was confined to seconds, just that the seconds were obviously included and that prices "started at $325." They couldn't tell me any more and I am awaiting more info.

Destin's where I ordered my pair today. Really nice folks.

CMT1

Reaction score

Destin's where I ordered my pair today. Really nice folks.

Agreed. John, Tom and the rest of the crew rock. Great guys, super professional and absolutely hilarious if you get the chance to hang out a bit.

I originally went in to look at Bob's Chili, but they had yet to receive any shoes in the color.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's odd. Maybe someone at the recrafting dept thought these were not made by AE?

I think they are under instruction or agreement with RL not to. There was someone on the MTO thread that was wondering what last they were on as AE would not confirm that they made them.

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed. John, Tom and the rest of the crew rock. Great guys, super professional and absolutely hilarious if you get the chance to hang out a bit.

I originally went in to look at Bob's Chili, but they had yet to receive any shoes in the color.

I think Tom helped me out, over the phone. Not too likely to find my way down there any time soon -- though of course, if there's one thing I know about Florida, it's that people from up here in Jersey love to head down there.

Glad you've got a great AE store near you -- the one nearest me is actually the one in Manhattan, which is an entertaining place. The one on Madison is tiny -- the size of the shoe department across the street at the Brooks flagship, and smaller than the Paul Stuart shoe section. But every time I've been in there, it's been packed. I mean, more customers than are in all of the first floor at Stuart. So not an environment conducive to window-shopping, which is about what I can afford to do there.

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think Tom helped me out, over the phone. Not too likely to find my way down there any time soon -- though of course, if there's one thing I know about Florida, it's that people from up here in Jersey love to head down there.

Glad you've got a great AE store near you -- the one nearest me is actually the one in Manhattan, which is an entertaining place. The one on Madison is tiny -- the size of the shoe department across the street at the Brooks flagship, and smaller than the Paul Stuart shoe section. But every time I've been in there, it's been packed. I mean, more customers than are in all of the first floor at Stuart. So not an environment conducive to window-shopping, which is about what I can afford to do there.

The one on 43rd between 5th and 6th is much bigger. I think it's the biggest of all the NYC stores. And I've been to them all. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads