1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

I saw a wingtip boot when I met an AE sales rep earlier this year. He said it was slated for Fall 2012 release. It looked similar to the North Platte; however, it did not appear to be as "sleek" or as tall as the North Platte.

Chris

2. iloveshoes

iloveshoes Senior member

Does anybody know when they make available their online catalog for Fall?

3. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

It is usually the first of August

4. iloveshoes

iloveshoes Senior member

thanks!

5. csc67

csc67 Senior member

Here is a good example of bowing / flexing when my heel made contact with the ground - These were a good fit in length and width, but the bowing / flexing combined with squeaking made me return them

[​IMG]

6. Storm33

Storm33 Senior member

I received the dark chocolate Daltons today that I ordered through the shoe bank tent sale last week. I can find no major points of concern. I see some minor orange peel effect in the finish of the right toe where the medallion is, and there is a minor pucker in the left toe where the upper is stitched to the welt, but these flaws are hardly noticeable.

I feel like these are keepers and I got a good deal. I think that I 'almost' could have sized down 1/2 size and picked up the pair of walnut shell Daltons they had, but I'm wearing thin socks today and I want to be able to wear heavier socks in the winter with these boots. I'm confident that they will serve me well.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  7. iloveshoes

iloveshoes Senior member

What size were the shell daltons?!?!?!

8. lobox42

lobox42 Member

Someone can help me with this please!! I'm looking for this shoes Allen Edmonds webgem in size 9, thank you!! :)

9. lobox42

lobox42 Member

I'm looking for this shoes in size 9 Allen Edmonds Webgem color beige and cream, please if someone knows where I can get it let me know! :)

10. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

Switched the black for melot mcalister...now that I have a color I will actually wear there is the matter of breaking in and wearing these to work. What are peoples suggestions for someone who walks to work and back for a total of 3 miles a day? Good idea in these shoes or no? I dont really want to beat them up. And its in the city on a busy street if that makes any difference.

11. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

Get sole guards put on (Vibram is one brand I am familiar with). The sooner you do it, the better. These will make the soles wear much better (longer), and give you traction for rainy days. Leather-soled shoes and wet, slick streets don't go well together. Some people have attempted to put these on themselves, but I suggest letting a cobbler do it. What city are you in? If you are in NYC, PM me, and I can give you the name of the guy I used.

12. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

Boston...I can look into it though, much appreciated.

13. scrolls

scrolls Senior member

What's the return policy of the tent sale going on right now? I would have them shipped to me by the way, not purchased in store.

14. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Wear tennis shoes and carry your nice shoes. FWIW, my AE's are very comfortable for around the office and minor walking, but become very uncomfortable once I hit 1 mile of walking in the same day. True for all four AE's I currently own (1 last, 5 last and 8 last).

15. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Has the burgundy mcclain been around for awhile? I never noticed it previously, but now think it might make a great shoe to wear with my charcoal suit. Pretty sleek design on the 8 last.

16. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Left toe cap on new Daltons is creased, effectively stabbing my toes a bit when I step. Any thoughts on keeping the cap crease from sinking when I step?

17. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Senior member

It means that they are to wide on you (and should go away after you break them in)

18. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

They feel spot on, width wise, but here's hoping :)

19. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

I had a similar problem with my Fifth Avenues. It was getting better the more I wore them, but not fast enough. I took them to an AE store, and they stretched them out for 2 days. They were fine after that.

20. Snedley

Snedley Senior member

They're excellent shoes same quality as all other AE's.In fact I have one here that I don't wear. It has rubber soles that can easily be replaced by a local shoemaker when they wear out. No need to send to AE for some expensive recrafting. They look welted to me so you could even have some local guy put leather soles on. These AE with the removeable insole have a finished insole underneath so if the shoes were snug you could wear them without the insole.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.