• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeharo

Reaction score

Haha I totally agree, I could see myself grabbing the LWB more often though. Today was only my third wearing of the McAllisters and I picked them up in May. We'll see, the McAllister is very nice and the 5 last works great for me. 

8.5D

If you decide to unload them, please let me know.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
shocked to see the Ravello and Truffle so close to one another. My Ravello and Truffle are pretty far apart from one another. Interesting variety batch to batch

AE_afficionado

Reaction score

Cross-posted from the MTO thread, but received my Ardsley Park webgem SMU today. According to Allison I was the only person to order these as an SMU.

The original:

My version:

FANTASTIC!

cincikid

Reaction score
Now for the real reason I wanted to wear my Truffle McAllisters today...

I was expecting a shipment of Ravello LWB and suspected the color was going to be very close. I know a lot of people mentioned AE walnut shell being close to Ravello but it's got nothing on this. It's now going to be very hard to justify keeping both, and the blucher works much better for my wardrobe.

+1 for Alden. Much more versatile for me as well.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tuffle McAllister = shortwing, bal, more dressed up

Ravello LWB = longwing, blucher, more casual

Looks like totally different shoes, so you can safely keep both, at least I would.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would share some pics of my shoes today along with a comparison of Truffle (McAllister) vs. Cappuccino (Bayfield) shell. I'm pretty sure I read here that they are the same color and AE named lighter versions Truffle to combat the color variation. I wonder if that variation, like Walnut shell, has scared AE from bringing it back as well.

Now for the real reason I wanted to wear my Truffle McAllisters today...

I was expecting a shipment of Ravello LWB and suspected the color was going to be very close. I know a lot of people mentioned AE walnut shell being close to Ravello but it's got nothing on this. It's now going to be very hard to justify keeping both, and the blucher works much better for my wardrobe.
Cross-posted from the MTO thread, but received my Ardsley Park webgem SMU today. According to Allison I was the only person to order these as an SMU.

My version:

You did outstanding, congrats on a well done one of a kind!! I agree AE would have sold a lot more of those....

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of all these shell colors, is AE's dark brown and Alden Cigar much different at this point? I heard at one point Cigar had more olive-like undertones, but from the photos I see these days they almost look the same (just with Alden's finishing) or maybe a touch lighter.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Is it just me, or has anyone else just now realized that Rydanfan is Tifosi's evil-alter ego and @mdubs is their therapist! :D

Crap. Looks like we have to find another forum...again.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The original:

My version:

Great make up pepper! I was also in discussion with Allison to MTO this but didn't push through as I wasn't too sure about the pinking. Seeing your MTO now makes me an idiot for not pulling the trigger. I love those.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great make up pepper! I was also in discussion with Allison to MTO this but didn't push through as I wasn't too sure about the pinking. Seeing your MTO now makes me an idiot for not pulling the trigger. I love those.

Yeah ideally an austerity shouldn't have pinking, though I have seen many that do. However, the pinking on this shoe is rounded, not serrated so it's subtler.

Anyway, I love it, and am glad y'all do too!

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was able to see the upcoming shoe list. Lots of different loafers, including a split toe loafer on the 8 last. Interesting that they chose to release so many loafers in Fall/Winter. They also have a lot of boots coming, some 7 eyelet, and 5 eyelet open-laced boots coming. Even a 2 eyelet chukka on something called the 809 last. A 2 eyelet plain toe derby on the 97 last is also new (same last as the Macneil), and some interesting park avenue combinations with suede quarters & one with a cross cut quarters (like the new belt Cut Bank).

I also took a pic of the new Bob Chili / Dark Chili color, in comparison to the dark brown and walnut:

That Carlyle is one good looking shoe, and the depth of color in the dark chili is really something. I might actually have to pic that up it looked so good.

Lastly, a live pic of the new shoe Paul posted, the Strandmok:

AE has to start taking better pics for their website (come on Paul), cause i could barely tell that this shoe featured AE's new bleaching effect. Not my thing, but the website is not doing this shoe justice...

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A 2 eyelet plain toe derby on the 97 last is also new (same last as the Macneil), and some interesting park avenue combinations with suede quarters & one with a cross cut quarters (like the new belt Cut Bank).

All the other stuff sounds cool, but why would AE replace the Kenilworth with the same shoe on a chunkier last? Two eyelet derbies are supposed to be sleek my opinion and the 97 last doesn't make sense to me. I guess I'll have to see it in person, but the 108 last or 2 last would have made more sense.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All the other stuff sounds cool, but why would AE replace the Kenilworth with the same shoe on a chunkier last? Two eyelet derbies are supposed to be sleek my opinion and the 97 last doesn't make sense to me. I guess I'll have to see it in person, but the 108 last or 2 last would have made more sense. 

Amen, 108 last 2 eyelet derby would have been amazing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads