Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

Great choice - I have seen several here getting the walnut McAllisters. I picked up a pair myself a week or so ago and I think they are great - style, color, everything.

Chris

I have both and I've found that for me the Shelton's fit narrower so I wear a 12D in them and I wear an 11.5D in the Finch.

3. aglass

aglass Well-Known Member

Officially started my AE collection with my first pair - Fifth Avenues in black (thanks GradSchooler!). Just beautiful shoes. If anyone is looking to offload some 10.5D AEs... [​IMG]

4. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

That is a shame, I ordered the Mora about a year ago, and I'll admit there was one strap that was coming undone. I gave them another shot after repair ( and price adjustment ) and they have served me well since. Sorry for the bad experience, I'll also comment that these stories are more frequent at present. It is a shame, especially when they leave a bad impression on someone new to more costly shoes...

5. Essential

Essential Senior member

They're dark brown (called burnished brown or something) and I have no idea what it's made of. But it seems to have disappeared so I hope it's all good.

6. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Thanks for the nice writeup and pics. The Aldens definitely look nicer. Also, the Aldens look lined, while the AE are unlined?

7. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Alden says unlined suede, but it's actually a 1/2-3/4 lining. Most of the vamp is unlined. The heel cup and tip are lined. It looks like a traditional lined shoe in photographs.

8. seer

seer Senior member

Any one here have experience with the Malvern chukka (leather, not suede) - I just ordered a pair but a number of reviews on the AE site complained about squeeking - I have had boots in the past where the squeeking would not go away, no matter what I did. Any thoughts?

9. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

The squeak goes away when the shoe is broken in. It took several weeks of being worn 2-3 times a week for me to break them in.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  10. csc67

csc67 Senior member

I don't have any Malverns, but I returned three pairs of Strand due to squeak issues. Return the ASAP since the squeaking will never go away

11. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

12. NotoriousMarquis

NotoriousMarquis Senior member

Dalton Owners: does anybody have any pics of their daltons with some regular wear and use?

13. seer

seer Senior member

Thanks guys....

14. calidist

calidist Senior member

Has anyone special ordered Daltons with the mini lug rubber soles through AE's stores? I'm contemplating such and curious if anyone has any experience with it. That way I can get the Poron insole as well :) I think it'll be more comfortable and durable with this configuration (the SA quoted me $90 extra for both which isn't terrible).

15. delmar

delmar Senior member

I went to the Port Washington, WI AE outlet store and came away with a couple bargains. A pair of 11.5 3E Burgundy Macneil Cordovan seconds for $299.00 and a pair of 12 D Daltons in Dark Chocolate for $179.00. The Daltons were marked down lower than even the seconds price since they are a special order that was returned for one reason or another.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.