1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HealthActuary

HealthActuary Senior member

It's hit or miss. Anything wrong with the shoe is what the sales associate can find him/herself. If they aren't trying very hard they might not see what's wrong, but if they look with the effort of the average SF AE poster, then they'll probably give a great report on what's wrong.

2. nubirth

nubirth Well-Known Member

Thanx. What i could do is ask them to send a picture of whats wrong. If they want the sale, thats what they will do. thanx for the comment.

lasty. if you DO accept the shoe, they take the order over the phone and ship it directly FROM the store thru UPS? THANX.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  3. 22busy

22busy Senior member

@Dd1101 I just bought a pair of Sanfords from the shoebank that looked like this. For the price I paid I'm living with it. I certainly wouldn't be happy with firsts that looked like that. It does seem that AE is doing some cost cutting in this area.

4. nubirth

nubirth Well-Known Member

5. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

Here's couple more with the flash. Took a pic of the sole. Wore these shoes 2 to 3 times from what I recollect.

Also check out the tiger stripes in the hide.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. RLeslieS

RLeslieS Senior member

Since the Lexington is a blucher whereas the Strand and Neumok are balmorals, the Lexington might feel looser. You'll just have to try and see what works on your foot. For me, in the 5-65 last, I need 1 width narrower for the 5-65 bluchers. The length should be the same either way, though.

7. 22busy

22busy Senior member

I was trying to reply to Dd1101's post but really botched it up.

8. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

I stand corrected grain.

2 people like this.
  9. P12OFIT

P12OFIT Senior member

It is hit or miss as someone else posted.

10. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

I LOLed.

11. P12OFIT

P12OFIT Senior member

Do you guys prefer shoe cream, polish, or some combination of the two?

12. pigly

pigly New Member

Does anyone know if this dark spot can be removed? This is a Jefferson Shell Cordovan (Brown) Factory Second.[​IMG]

13. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

winner winner chicken dinner

1 person likes this.
  14. RitchieBro

RitchieBro Senior member

Probably not. Those spots are part of the character of shell, and are usually in the skin and permanent. Bick 4, brush brush brush, and some cordovan cream (brown AE) and brush & buff some more, and it may blend in some. The spot is where no one will notice though, and for seconds if that's the only issue, you did great! Wear and enjoy, they will get better with time!

2 people like this.
  15. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

If you know what size Allen-Edmonds (Woodlore) shoe trees go into the shoe you are asking about, you might want to ask the person you are speaking to on the phone to try a shoetree of that size in the shoe and see if it goes into the shoe.

Some seconds are seconds only because they have the wrong size stamped in them and on the labels on their boxes. You don't want to get shoes that are too small and then have to spend $10.00 to send them back.

16. delongej26

delongej26 Member

Wow great find! If that is the only thing wrong with them, i'd keep them in a heart beat. I picked up calf Jeffersons during the tent sale, and are probably my favorite Allen Edmonds now.

17. pigly

pigly New Member

Thanks. Besides this spot and some messiness on the sole edge (which, by the way, isn't as thick as the soles on my Williams or the ones here), they are perfect. Would saphir renovateur work as well as Bick 4?

18. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Hey bud,
    I saw these at my BCF today. I don't "need" them, and they fall into the "want" category. They were priced at $89. How long before they drop in price?

1 person likes this.
  19. tharkun

tharkun Senior member

Those stripes look weird. My creases on the front look like that too though. Mine were Leeds 1.0. Both on the Brown and Walnut. I find it looks more pronounced on the brown though.

I wouldn't worry about the soles though. Just walking on concrete for a while will easily do that. It's amazing how many holes and scratches you get just from walking in the shoe store ;)

20. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

Thanks, i posted the soles to show the age of the shoes.

How do the Leeds fit compared to the 5 last?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.