1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AEAddict

AEAddict New Member

I thought I had an addiction problem. I feel much better now, thanks halfnhalfnhalf! GREAT collection btw.

2. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

3. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

I thought I had an addiction problem. I feel much better now, thanks halfnhalfnhalf! GREAT collection btw.

Ha. Thanks. I'm pretty sure there are a few others here who actually have even more pairs than I do.

4. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@traditional AE - that was a good post. I wish my shoes got that kind of recognition. Most of the time they go completely unnoticed, with a few exceptions. I thought my suede luccas were really nice, but most of the time I hear hey, its Billy Elliot or are you missing your smoking jacket. Today I'm wearing my Green Rush Streets and someone said, "What were you thinking with those".

After some waivering, I finally picked up the Walton in chili. Granted, I was never mad about its looks (which I clearly was fir those other two). Wore them Monday and immediately got, "Where did you get those? They are incredible, do you change out if them when you go outside so they don't get ruined". Shows you what I know.

5. RLeslieS

RLeslieS Senior member

Coincidentally, I'm wearing my Chili Waltons today. Cheers

6. DNSamurai

DNSamurai Senior member

What color do most consider to be the most versatile in the Maritime?

My most worn shoes are my grey Sperrys because they go with everything. They are about hit the end of the road though. I wear mostly black, blue, and grey shorts.

Also, any news trickling out yet about the RDA sale?

Thanks!

7. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

I love my sahara Sperrys and will be replacing them with the golden brown Maritime or the new brown Camp Moc.

8. OPTiK

OPTiK Well-Known Member

I've been looking at AE loafers since I'm going on a trip soon and want something I can wear with jeans and a t shirt, or with khakis and a collar'd shirt. Can anyone give me recommendations on AE loafers I should take a look at? Right now I have my eye on the Aschers in Bourbon Calf. :D

9. garland

garland Senior member

Patriot dark brown (if it can be had in your size)
    Cavanaugh walnut or oxblood

The Asher would be good too though.

1 person likes this.
  10. fasteddie911

fasteddie911 Member

I just wanted some input on a new pair of park avenues. I exchanged a pair of size 8D for 8.5D because 8D wasn't fitting quite right, but looking at the 8.5D, it seems the cap on the toe is shorter/smaller than the 8D (based off my memory of the 8D). I don't have the 8D to compare it to side-by-side, but I'm not sure if this is normal or I got a defective pair. What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  11. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@OPTiK - totally would have said lake shore drive but its gone, so agree with Mr. K on the Patriot. I wear Maxfields with jeans a lot and one of the AE SAs wears his Rye with jeans, but I think the Patriot (or Ascher) kind of has a younger vibe.

1 person likes this.
  12. redmusic1

redmusic1 Senior member

Universities against what my yard looks like in November thanks to no rain.[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Lake Shore drive is a good choice, can be had for $127 at the shoebank if they have your size left @OPTiK

Kenwood in Tan Saddle is the best answer imo. Beefroll loafers are great with jeans and chinos and the tan color could be dressed down or up.

[​IMG]

14. pudman43

pudman43 Senior member

Where did you get the catalog? Is it viewable online?

15. catlettsl

catlettsl Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just copped these from N Rack for $180. I'm very happy with the style and fit. Went up 1 size from my 5 last. They appear to be 1st quality and the price was fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. victorioussiry

victorioussiry Active Member

Gents who owns any 5 last or mcallister in particular,
    How does your heel fit? Does it grip you tightly in the back or rather loose?

I'm asking because I am 8D brannock and I opted for 8E for mcallister for my pink toe comfort, but the heel is not as grippy and tight.
    It is mad comfy though.

17. Al Dente

Al Dente Senior member

University with a leather sole? Did AE make them this way for awhile? Nice find!

18. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

@catlettsl

Nice score always a fan of that shoe

19. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

I think it's more a matter of how the shape of the last works for you. I'm a 7.5C brannock but wear 7D in almost everything. I tried both the Kenwood & Sannibel in 7D - with really thin dress socks and a shoehorn I could force them on, but they were incredibly tight all over. Tried them in 7E and the fit felt fine but the heel was pretty loose. Maybe try the 108 - might work better for you (?)

1 person likes this.
  20. FaRKle

FaRKle Senior member

My McAllisters heel fits very well, however the shoe hurts my instep unless I use sawtooth lacing to change the fit a bit. I also have a pair of Jeffersons that I got one size wider and the front part of the shoe fits fine, the instep fits well, but the heel is slightly loose.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.