1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DGY1atTMW

DGY1atTMW Well-Known Member

Want a similar look for denim? Brown (Nubuck) Strandmoks w/red Danite sole...easily my favourite pair of AE's owned

2. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

I have Delrays in old chili and really like it . . . but there's just something about walnut that really appeals to me.

3. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

I work in downtown Brooklyn. What is the BCF?

4. garland

garland Senior member

Burlington Coat Factory. You can get some steals on some AE shoes if you're patient and lucky.

5. CMR16

CMR16 Active Member

While this is completely off topic, has anyone had experience with the Maine Rancourt and Company? I like their styles even though I have to wait 4 weeks for every shoe I've wanted. I wanted to know if there was a general consensus on them before I went any farther. Just don't want to pay for something that isn't as proven as something like AE.

6. CMR16

CMR16 Active Member

When your screen name said AEAddict you certainly weren't kidding. Lol good start though, I dig what you have. Do you have any loafers?

7. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Solid shoemaker. Stronger in the loafer and boat shoe dept, though. They also have an Appreciation thread that you should check out.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  8. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Great American heritage shoe brand. Still made in the USA. They use Blake rapid construction on all loafers, boots, and dress shoes. They use Horween cordovan (natural, black, and color 8) and CXL.

I haven't tried them yet, since their EE width is only offered MTO, and I'm worried it might not be wide enough for me.

Also, the owners are doing an AMA on the Goodyear Welt Subreddit.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  9. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Solid company - makes some nice stuff with a great custom program - I have a pair on order

10. traditional AE

traditional AE Active Member

Neo

Never saw a post that seemed anything but completely professional so I cannot imagine any need to apologize. As to the question about lasts, I am a poor one to ask due to my not being particularly focused on the technical aspects of the shoes. Even though I have a "herd" of AE's, I really have never taken the time to educate myself on the various lasts that they are built upon. My love affair with the shoe has more to do with the impact it has had on my professional life. I made it up the ladder to a reasonably satisfying spot, without any remarkable talents, and my shoes/attire always seemed to get the attention of the higher ups and left them with a favorable impression of me. Certainly it wasn't all window dressing, but I am convinced it had an impact. So I kept diversifying the types of shoes, almost exclusively with AE's. If I am near my closet I can always try on a shoe, estimate the general age, and provide some feedback on fit. I don't have any true casual AE's, but have a variety of boots, bluchers, dressier loafers, and balmorals. Today I am traveling with the WARWICK and a pair of McAllisters that were a bourbon that I shaded more cognac with various polishes. Enjoy the day.

BTW.....must be great to look like Neo; At my age I have been compared to a twin for uncle Fester from the Adams Family.

11. ShadowOf

ShadowOf Active Member

First outing with my "new" merlot McAllisters.

Got them for $110 shipped on eBay from dabondo1. They are no warranty, but hardly worn, looked like Firsts that were only tried on/worn around the house a few times. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    5 people like this.
  12. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

There is room in my rotation for both AE and Rancourt:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. tb43

tb43 Senior member

IMO Rancourt makes a better loafer so if you're looking for a loafer, look no further. The big advantage is that they let you customize them. I just ordered a pair of pinch pennys in caramel shell and love them.

14. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

Looks like AE is running 20% off clearance on the main site. Those boat shoes are a steal now ...

15. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

Lots of new styles on the site - including the Normandy and First Avenue boots.

Chris

16. pudman43

pudman43 Senior member

And continuing the DDay theme, a shoe called the Overlord... J

17. JLnoir

JLnoir Senior member

W
    Wow that's ridiculous

18. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Quote:I think the real steal is 1st quality Jeffersons for $269.

1 person likes this.
  19. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

The photo of the Overlord in AE catalog is much better looking than the photo on the AE website.

20. AEAddict

AEAddict New Member

Thank you! I don't have any loafers as they're just not my style. That may change if I find the perfect pair during next year's anniversary sale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.