1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

The medallion on mine is off, but I decided to keep them as I didn't think I would get another chance at walnut shell strands at that price.

1 person likes this.
  2. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Sorry friend, this is a bad first impression indeed... :(

3. iloveshoes

iloveshoes Senior member

I tried burnishing my lombards. First time I have ever tried doing this, and I am fairly happy after the 45 min trying. They will get better the more I do it. Here is a pic[​IMG]

4. itsmejson

itsmejson Senior member

thx shiny, I contacted AE today and they will be replacing them for me, not because of the medallion being off but
    more so with the heel splitting. I was surprised that they would do this for me because it was purchased through
    aafes military site.

5. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

To add to my earlier comment, this is why I appreciate the service my local AE store gives me. The times things have been wrong with manufacturing, they personally call the factory, talk to the person in charge of QA, and ask them to personally pick me a pair off of the line. That, and you get to see the shoes in person :)

6. smilelouis

smilelouis Well-Known Member

ok, thanks a lot! guess i'll pay a visit to the local AE retail store again:)

7. smilelouis

smilelouis Well-Known Member

yeah, it worked. i have the conditioner as well.

8. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

to the guy with the walnut strands, try standing on them for a bit. they may just need a little pressure to seat the heel rubber. If not, a quick squirt of glue and its done.

9. Prof

Prof New Member

My issue is exactly where you drew the red line, not the bottom crack. I hope AE is listening. It appears there is a quality control issue popping up too often in the same spot to be "rare."
    I love the look of my shoes but i bought them with long term in mind and now I have concerns... may have to rethink my next purchase options. The good news is, AE has a reputation for superb customer service.

10. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Especially in plain toes, like the Leeds, shell is great. The creases or rolls give the shoes their character.

Agree with your list, but will add that with a little maintenance, just brushing after each wear, shell will look fantastic. also, AE shells come with better J. Rendenbach soles, which will wear better than AE's standard soles.

11. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Bucksfan, you might know this: is AE strictly having shell shoes MTO?

12. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

That's my understanding. I hear it is primarily to reduce the $ they have tied up in inventory, in the higher cost and slower moving shells. That said, i anticipate they will still have the stellar customer service, just a longer turnaround time.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  13. calidist

calidist Senior member

They seem accessible given the price. It appears they are from the AE line so the quality might not be great. I think AE's retail shops are supposed to get them in this week (at least that's what a SA in San Francisco told me last week).

14. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

I'm expecting to have a pair of Sedonas to try on this weekend. I will post additional details afterward. The sale price is very low. My expectations have been adjusted accordingly. Nonetheless, the AE "rough" leathers are somewhat unique. I haven't seen any other waxy red leathers. My red Neumoks have served me very well and I suspect the Sedona will fill that gap for anyone looking for an unusual shoe.

15. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

So can I expect the A&E Leeds to be at Nordstrom this Friday?

16. halgrind

halgrind Member

Nordstrom doesn't seem to carry Leeds at all.

17. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

18. griffon_id

griffon_id Senior member

When I go to the Allen Edmonds official website, it is now turn into their official China website. Do they still have an English/US website? Please help.

19. mekato1

mekato1 Well-Known Member

What are you smoking? They have a German site and an American site...not sure where you're looking.
    http://www.allenedmonds.com/

20. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

Time to run a virus scan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.