1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Those look great! Love the various levels of black and cherry. I'm guessing these were in place of a previous Eagle GMTO? If so, hopefully they make up for the hassle and wait time.

2. LeviMay

LeviMay Senior member

Correct, and yes, I love them!

3. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

4. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Hehe, mayhaps my eyes were fooled. Kinda looked like a players to me, but wrong last.

5. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

Im going to call this Throwback Thursday. Bourbon Sanfords from the late 1990's.
    [​IMG]

Chris

2 people like this.
  6. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

HOW old are those shoes, Chris???? They're barely creased!!!!

1 person likes this.
  7. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

About 15 years old. But I will admit I have about 40 pairs of AEs so most of my shoes don't get a lot of wear and tear. And AE cleaner / conditioner and polish keep them looking good.

Chris

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  8. stook1

stook1 Active Member

Three unrelated comments...

First, I am wearing my new walnut Jeffersons from the sale. Killer deal for $200. Very pleased with these shoes.

Second, I'd like to give a PSA that there seems to be a new AE policy that ShoeBank purchases that are returned to a regular retail store will incur a $10 restocking fee. I suspect that if you have a retail relationship with the store that perhaps the fee will be waived. This was told to me by my local store's manager. It was also told to me by a rep that I spoke with at the main customer service center.

Finally, can anyone give some guidance about sizing on the 333 last? I measure a 10D on the brannock device and have a high-ish instep. I wear a 10D in both the 65 last and the 108 last. Both lasts are comfortable for me but feel a hair long (mainly the 65 last). I previously tried a 333 in size 10E and found them to be even a shade longer than 65 last to the point that I returned them (nevermind the width, I've dropped some lbs since that time). Anyway, I'm thinking the 9.5D should be the right size? Or maybe the 10D?

9. khe86

khe86 Senior member

Please see attached photos of Allen Edmonds mora, purchased from the shoebank. Is this normal creasing? I have never seen it crease past the cap before

[​IMG]

10. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

I believe the Mora is pretty notorious for the toe cap creasing along with the Eagle County boot

11. khe86

khe86 Senior member

Thanks. Allen Edmonds rep over email said this is normal creasing but did offer a return if I wanted.

12. RLeslieS

RLeslieS Senior member

13. stook1

stook1 Active Member

Thank you! I appreciate the input. AE Rutledge on the way in 9.5D.... I do agree that the 65 and 108 are comparable. There are some differences in fit between those two lasts and I do feel like the 65 is a shade longer though not enough to change sizes, at least for my foot.

I have now vastly updated my rotation in the last couple of months adding Walnut Jefferson, Burgundy Clifton, Chili Delray, Merlot Park Ave, and now (assuming fit is good) the Walnut Rutledge.

14. Buster Brown

Buster Brown Senior member

My Mora 2.0s do that as well.

15. CMT1

CMT1 Senior member

Thanks YoungSweet!

16. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

[​IMG]

I panicked this morning when the website didn't have anymore in my size. So I walked down to the LaSalle Street store and got the last pair of 10.5 D. I think it's a major mistake that they are discontinuing the Rush Street. Maiden voyage tomorrow.

17. tharkun

tharkun Senior member

My Fort Collins on the 333 look (!) long but aren't really very long inside. I have 3E though and wide feet. I got them in 8 and theres not too much space left in the front until I would hit the narrowing toe area.

18. misterellington

misterellington Senior member

I did pass up on the sand-colored Big Sur as it was too small for me...but look what Papa found a few days later....

[​IMG] [​IMG]

A pair of Nutmeg “Big Surs” in my size for only $99!

Did I get em'?

You bet your lug-soled *ss I did! Can NOT wait to break these out come Aug/Sept/Oct. :)

Love the look of this particular style in their “Rough Collection”, and in Nutmeg, it's perfect for the Fall!

I've been verrrrrrrry lucky with the stuff I find at BCF. Even got a friend of mine a few pairs in a men's 7D—they do have a few in the small sizes, and the friend has been blown away!

Spread the appreciation, share the wealth! :)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  19. RLeslieS

RLeslieS Senior member

Congrats and let me know if the Rutledge fits in the 9.5D.

20. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

@misterellington i would not have passed those up either...great score

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.