1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

2. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

I liked the rogue until I saw it in person, but there was something wrong with the proportions etc. that it didn't really looked right..so back they go to AE
    On the other hand, bleecker st really grew on me as I wear them more n more...really wish to have one in snuff or olive suede ...hope AE bring them back sometime in future..

3. Moose22

Moose22 Senior member

I was the opposite. Didn't like the rogue until I saw a pair in the store. Love mine.

They are busy, and that's unexpected for a semi-brogue. Probably not to everyone's taste, but I find them no more busy than all the pinking on a lot of wingtips.

4. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

I wore mine today as well. It had been a while! I really do need to find a pair of charcoal pants. The chili looks absolutely awesome with those.

5. 22busy

22busy Senior member

I wore mine this weekend with jeans. I'll be wearing them tomorrow with khakis. I love the look and fit.

6. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

Great color on those.

7. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

Thank you for letting us know. I placed an order.

@Neo1 - I am gonna give the 2 last one more try.

8. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."

Large or small brogue holes, it's a matter of personal taste. My choice for the Rogue was simple and based on the 201 last. It fits my feet far better than other wing tips made on some of the other lasts. The shoe has to fit before I can start making subtle distinctions on the toe pattern.

9. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Cool.

:shrug:

10. FaRKle

FaRKle Senior member

Amazon has a bunch of Allen Edmonds belts on sale for 30% off for Prime Day (discount shown at checkout). I picked up a brown Manistee for $56. If you have a Discover card you can get an additional 5% off Amazon back this quarter.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  11. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

Or 10% cashback for new cardholders (double cashback for the first year).

12. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

I haven't posted a photo in a while so I thought I would participate in Walnut Wednesday.
    [​IMG]

Chris

2 people like this.
  13. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

Is that just on belts or shoes as well?

14. FaRKle

FaRKle Senior member

I only saw two pairs of shoes in the 30% off category, a golf shoe and a loafer.

15. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Brown shell strands 2day. These look kinda ravelloish (walnut Wednesday?). Have some great color variation throughout.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  16. JR Magat

JR Magat Senior member

Great color on those! Did they start out dark brown? Maybe I need to wear mine more often :)

17. Buster Brown

Buster Brown Senior member

Melrose in dark brown suede:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I picked these up from eBay awhile back to fill a niche in my rotation, namely a versatile slip-on for traveling. They've filled that role nicely. I can dress them up with a casual suit, down with khakis and everything in between. They're particularly good for trips where I'm on both business and leisure time.

One feature that makes them particularly useful for me is that despite being a loafer, the construction is more like what you'd typically find in a lace-up. The vamp is similar to my Delrays and the shoe is very well structured. The shape of my foot makes handsewns or anything with a 'soft' forefoot looks sloppy after a few wearings. The extra rigidity in these have helped them hold up well. I only mention all that for the benefit of anyone who's had similar struggles with loafers.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  18. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Thanks, bud. They were always lighter that your basic "brown" AE shell. However, they have lightened up esp. in the vamp area. I bought them in Feb. of last year. The right captoe has turned orangish. These are one of the few AE shell shoes that have dry spots. Also, these shoes never had that much AE gunk/polish when new.

19. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    I decided to submit my Rogue's for walnut Wednesday after all of the heat the cap toe took on the forum today. Poor things just needed to "feel pretty."

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

2nd week in a row I've accidentally participated in Walnut Wednesday. Pretty soon I won't be able to claim the coincidence.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.