1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

My typical Dalton size is 13e...I was recently able to fit in a 12eee...which is also Eagle river size. I sized the Eagle river boot same as my 65 last balmoral

2. newuser123

newuser123 Active Member

They are darker i person. Noticably darker than walnut. Ive worn with navy and charcoal

3. leanhnam220

leanhnam220 New Member

4. andrel42

andrel42 Well-Known Member

This is just a Tuesday rant so please don't pay attention :) I was a loyal customer of AE for many many years and just a few minutes ago I was going to renew my Black Shell Cordovan Randolph's so I visited the AE website. A few years back I remember writing to Paul Grangaard regarding the very high courier charges to send a pair from the US to Switzerland and since then they have partnered with Bongo International for shipping outside of the US. To make along story short when you checkout the pair of Randolph's sold for $650 now become $742 (billed in Swiss Francs) and the cheapest shipping is now $70 (also billed in Swiss Francs) and add to that duties and taxes and the 650$ pair turns out to cost over 900$ delivered. Something is very wrong here gents ...

[​IMG]

5. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

That sounds about right I think duties and taxes for shoes made with American leathers like shell coming into the EU has increased. That's why if you buy cordovan from Carmina in EU it costs more than shipping to the U.S.

6. Maxy

Maxy Well-Known Member

$900 for loafers is certainly wrong!

7. newuser123

newuser123 Active Member

I failed to answer your inquiry regarding polish. I use the AE premium polish, Bourbon comir, very light coat

8. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Well-Known Member

Burgundy Shell Bradley today. I used to dislike the split toes but the look has grown on me since.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Kahuna75

I like the split toe a lot more now that I have a scar on my chest to match it...lol

10. JR Magat

JR Magat Well-Known Member

I used to feel the same way and thought "they are like frankenstein stitches" but now I have 2 pairs of Alden's split toes and a third on pre-order... The Bradley's look like a nice option as well. For me, I just appreciate the hand-stitch/detail of it now

Ahh, glad to hear you're able to enjoy your nice shoes to match!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  11. Kahuna75

12. JSO1

JSO1 Well-Known Member

What about the Portland?

13. middlepP

middlepP Well-Known Member

Rogue in Bob's chili today.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. Kahuna75

15. YoungSweet

Speaking of the Frankenstein reference, the eyelets on the left shoes are grossly misaligned. For now, I try to think they are adding characters.
    Anyone know if this can be corrected during the recrafting process?

16. BillyMcGee

BillyMcGee Well-Known Member

PSA: There's a Brooks Brothers Dundee in oxblood calfskin at the shoebank for $114. I just ordered a pair. I'll post pics in a few days.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  17. CaptFinny

CaptFinny Active Member

Just to folow up on this, I received both 10 3E and 10.5 3E in the kirkwood. The 10 3EEE fit me much better. A little tight, but it should loosen up. The 10.5 3E was a bit long and there was some definate heel slippage.

18. YoungSweet

Did you see your size on the website? I don't see that is a model available on shoebank

19. BillyMcGee

BillyMcGee Well-Known Member

Yes I ordered a 10.5 d and I see that there is also a 10.5 e available. Style 0801S

20. MUFCreddevil

MUFCreddevil Well-Known Member

Okay I'm a few weeks into my replacement pair of Park Avenues. First ones lasted 3-4 months and the heels started to separate. Now these are doing the same thing. I'm pretty disappointed because my first AE's (PA & Strands) both had this issue.

Anyone had these types of issues? AE customer service wants me to send back to redo the heels (I initially took these and my Strands I bought at same time back to the department store and they ordered new ones).

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.