Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UglyJoe

UglyJoe Well-Known Member

I don't think the Strand is available in EE? So would you suggest the 9.5 E or the 9.5 EEE?

2. UglyJoe

I don't think the Strand is available in EE? So do you suggest the 9.5 E or 9.5 EE?

3. UglyJoe

I don't think the Strand is available in EE? So would you suggest 9.5 E or 9.5 EEE?

Thanks!

4. g.michael

g.michael Senior member

Congratulations--chili is really a cool color. I use brown edge dressing on my chili colored shoes, looks great. i would assume the actual chili color would be good too.

5. PK35216

PK35216 Senior member

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum, but I've been reading posts for a few weeks now. I got into this whole "stye" thing about a year ago, and I've been having some fun with it. I've become an AE addict, I fear. I just bit the bullet and ordered some Walnut McAllisters 9.5C direct from AE. The stated wait time is 2-3 weeks, fyi. I already have Walnut Strands and Walnut Daltons. The Strands are still my favorite shoe in my ever-growing collection.

I read the forum's sales rules and I think what I am about to do is okay, but please let me know if it isn't. I've got an ebay listing for the burnished brown Williams from the Independence Collection in size 9D. There are still about 4 days left in the auction with no bids yet, so I thought I would post a link here. Starting bid is $165 since they retail for $445.00. They are in great condition, but just a bit tight in the toe box area, so I replaced them with the Jeffersons. The 5 last is my best fit as it turns out. Link below, which has all the other details and pics:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Allen-Edmon...4679839?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item4164d6e79f

6. runners n jeans

runners n jeans Member

I own the chili Bradley's in smooth calf and those look like brown sole edges to me. I held them up to the Brown Strands too and they look the same. I looked at the picture of the pebble grain version on the AE website and it also looks brown.

Compare it to the picture of the chili Lasalle's--now those look like chili colored sole edges.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  7. UglyJoe

I don't believe the Strand is available in EE. So do you suggest the 9.5 E or the 9.5 EEE?

8. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

9. Storm33

Storm33 Senior member

If you go to the AE website and look at the user reviews, the Strand runs long and narrow; sizing up on this particular shoe is a mistake.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  10. ayoungs

ayoungs Well-Known Member

My Bradley's sole and edge dressing look very close to the Lasalle's. I have the Wilbert's that have a brown edge dressing and now I can see the difference.
    I'm off to the AE retail store to buy a ton of supplies this weekend, my AE shoes are well worth the TLC.

11. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

If you find that, after having them for a week or two, that the shoe is causing some pain in one of your feet, do you have any recourse, even if you bought them at an Allen Edmonds store? I have a pair of 5th Avenues that I bought about a week ago. I got measured in the store, tried the shoe on, and it felt fine. After wearing them 3 times, the right one feels good, but for the left one, the shoe presses hard on the top of my big toe. I don't suppose I can take them back now?

12. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

^AE has exceptional customer service. Give them a chance to wow you. Start with the store where you made the purchase.

13. UglyJoe

Thanks for the advice guys. I tried posting last night but the forum kept saying "your post is being held under moderation" or some such. I think I am going to try a 9.5 E, since my foot technically measures that and I should get that little bit of comfort room I need with the extra length of the 5 last. Thanks again!

14. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

I don't believe it. I'm a perfect 11C on the Brannock, and I'm wearing the Burnished Brown Strand 11.5C right now. Fit's pretty well considering I am flay footed. So, no, sizing up on this shoe was the best thing I ever did.

15. RingTail

RingTail Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.