1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

I'm seeking some advice from you guys. I am considering buying this pair of "bitter chocolate" suede Fifth Avenues. Until now, suede shoes have been the sort of thing I've always admired on other guys, but haven't known how to wear myself.

I am curious where, and with what, you guys would wear shoes like these. I already have dark brown desert boots, "chili"-colored Allen Edmonds Daltons, and penny loafers, so I have several options to wear to events where I want to look like I care without looking overly formal. Where might you wear these that you wouldn't wear those other shoes? I work in a business-formal law office, so I doubt I would wear these to the office. Would you wear these more in the fall than, say, loafers, which you may wear more often in the spring and summer? Curious to hear what you guys have to say.
    [​IMG]

2. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

Yes k do it all the time

3. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

I'd buy them. Suede shoe in either brown or tobacco color are my next pair of shoes. It's something I don't have and have wanted. Silly me bought some new dessert boots last year that I never wear. I should have just got a better pair of suede shoes.

1 person likes this.
  4. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

Walnut Strands with grey suit today
    [​IMG]

WHAT ARE YOU WEARING?

1 person likes this.
  5. iamelroberto

iamelroberto Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, how come you switch from straight to cross lacing second from the top?

6. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

Haha I just wanted something different. I got your attention, didn't i?

7. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Couple of casual days in the office for me... before starting a nice 6 day weekend. Hope everyone has a great 4th!

Amoks yesterday:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. lemmy127

lemmy127 Senior member

MTO snuff suede Leeds with navy chinos

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  9. fairlynerdy

fairlynerdy Senior member

Golden tan in some golden morning light.

[​IMG]

And a thanks to @watchidiot for pointing me to Soso jeans (also in the pic). Some very cool denim, Thanks Dale!

2 people like this.
  10. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Those look great! Love the brassy eyelets!

11. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Continuing my casual theme...

Today its the Addis. Figured I'd wear socks, that way I didn't switch into 100% vacay mode quite yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. newuser123

newuser123 Active Member

I second Neo1's suggestion that MrEllington consider Jeffersons for wearing with suits. Here is a pic wearing mine today on their maiden voyage with a mid-to light grey suit:
    [​IMG]

Also, I checked the Burlington in new jersey, North Brunswick, last night. Nothing there.

1 person likes this.
  13. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Maxy,

I had the same question out here in southern California. I visited the three nearest stores and each had shoes in 10.5 or 11, which is my size. Unfortunately, the widths are all D or less and I have not found my width. Any visit will reveal 0-4 pairs. My conclusion is that it requires vigilance to visit the store once per week or so and just keep looking. I will eventually find something that works for me. I am sure your experience will be similar.

1 person likes this.
  14. shoosensuits

shoosensuits Well-Known Member

Can someone help me map my 108 size to the Gobi (809 last). $97 seems too good to pass up. THANKS.

15. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

There's been a bunch of discussion lately about the Gobi fit. You might consider searching the forum to get everyone's opinions, but the general consensus has been to stay the same size or drop down either length or width.

I started with 9D (same size as most my AEs, including Clark Streets (108 last) but they were VERY roomy in the toe box and forefoot. I ended up sizing down 1/2 size in length - though mine are suede, and thus have more give than calf.

Hope this helps. At $97 I was considering grabbing either the stone suede or tan saddle... despite owning the stone Amoks and a brown chukka by that "other" manufacturer.

16. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

[​IMG]

Wearing my navy Maritimes over the weekend for an outdoor barbecue. Ignore my pasty white legs.

17. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

You're very much welcome! Looking great. I ordered the exact same denim and it landed on my door step yesterday.

Another selvedge denim maker to look to from Asia is Leon Denim. Less fabric choices but better finishing and details than Soso IMHO. Cheaper too.

18. rigon28

rigon28 Member

Picked up a pair of neumoks today. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. rigon28

rigon28 Member

Also a pair of fastball baseball boat shoe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Thank you for the pictures of the fastball. I have always been intrigued by the shoe, but have difficulty finding pictures of it in the wild.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.