1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Quote:Still regret not getting those when I good. Awesome awesome pickup for your first pair. You'll be spoiled by those.

2. rigon28

rigon28 Member

Do you guys know if i have to wait before i can post? I also picked up these allen edmonds morgan in navy blue on clearence for $120 in size 9d that i wanted to sell. They were too nice to leave behind and i wanted to pass on to someone in the south florida area. Broward county. I hope i can find a pair in 8e[​IMG]

3. thehaviet

thehaviet Member

Looks GREAT

What are those? Fifth Ave?

4. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

Posting your own for sale advertisements in non-marketplace threads is against the forum rules. You can make a thread in the Marketplace here, and then add the listing to your signature (select your name in the top right, then click edit your signature and select the thread you started in the marketplace), but you can't advertise it directly in a post like this.

5. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

No one with black Strands? Still would like to see "in the wild"

6. rigon28

rigon28 Member

7. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

@LeviMay bought a pair from me.

8. LeviMay

LeviMay Senior member

I did, but wasn't going to say anything if nobody likes them...

This is the only pic I currently have in my phone. Kind of a weird angle, but gives you a good idea, anyway:

[​IMG]

9. iamelroberto

iamelroberto Well-Known Member

I think they look pretty. Better than a black wingtip ..

10. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

I agree. With the first part, anyway. I was in London recently and man, they love the black wingtip there. Most common shoe other than a plaintoe black blucher/derby. Got me wanting one, and with Jeffersons so cheap on Shoebank --- well, they show up Friday, so we'll see how I like them in person.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  11. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

"Neighbor, how long has it been since you had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili? Well, that's too long!"

12. peppercorn78

woooo!!!! nicely polished! [​IMG]

13. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

Seersucker Thursday. Heritage MTO.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  14. DNSamurai

DNSamurai Senior member

My first pair of AEs were black Strands. I had never heard of AE, but my future father in law was a big fan. He bought them for me as a wedding gift (we just went into a store and bought them; he paid full retail...which is now painful to think about).

I wore them at my wedding with a dark grey suit.

1 person likes this.
  15. DNSamurai

DNSamurai Senior member

My first pair of AEs were black Strands. I had never heard of AE, but my future father in law was a big fan. He bought them for me as a wedding gift (we just went into a store and bought them; he paid full retail...which is now painful to think about).

I wore them at my wedding with a dark grey suit.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  16. peppercorn78

I'm gonna go against the grain and say I like a black brogue, even though I'm selling mine currently.

I find the black strand to be quite classy.

1 person likes this.
  17. DNSamurai

DNSamurai Senior member

Anyone else receive their Slim Park Avenue briefcase?

Mine just arrived. For $69 this thing is an absolute steal. Very soft supple leather, and of course made in the USA.

My daily bag is a tan Filson Original 256, but I wanted something in leather for when I go to court. This thing is sharp.

My only complaint would be that the strap is a little long, even on the shortest setting. I'm 6', and the bag hangs around my knees. I'll probably just take it off.

18. epc2

epc2 Senior member

Any pics?

19. rahrah12

rahrah12 New Member

I have been lurking for awhile and I now want a pair of everything...

I picked up my first and second pairs of AE at the Nordstrom half yearly sale a few weeks ago- Black Clifton in 13D and was sold a pair of Neumok Acorn Hillfire.

Wish I would've pulled the trigger on the Maritime boat shoe in brown or blue during the fathers day sale but from the sounds of things there are always sales going on. Just picked up a pair of the inexpensive Gobi Tan Saddle. 3 pairs in a few weeks and judging from the posts these won't be my last.

The fifth streets in brown are calling my name but may be a bit dressier than what I am looking for. Maybe a more plain Dalton is really what I want. They all look good though.

Sorry I am ranting now...

20. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

So I went a bit overboard and, among the other AE boat shoes, I bought Kirkwoods in both golden brown and dark brown, planning on keeping one and sending one back. I like them both, though, and I'm not sure which one I like best.

If anyone wanted more pics of the Kirkwood in these two colors, here they are.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.