1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Al Dente

Al Dente Senior member

The belts were behind the shoes by a day or two for showing the lower price, but they have the reduced prices showing now.

2. Buster Brown

Buster Brown Senior member

Are you certain they're shell cordovan? Either way, the Leeds is a fairly popular style. Search eBay for 'sold' listings and you'll see what others are getting.

3. AlgisLT

AlgisLT Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm certain. It was written on the sole. And the leather looked like cordovan too.

4. CaptFinny

CaptFinny Active Member

Where do you see bags and briefcases? I only see shoes and belts. :(

Though it's probably better I can't find them. Wife is not going to be happy when I get my latest shoes in the mail.

Just Ordered:
    Patriot in Burgundy (V Tread)
    Fifth Street Boot in Black

Already Have:
    Walnut Strand
    Merlot McAllister

I think these two newest pairs will really round out my small (but growing) collection. Now I just need to figure out how to get a pair of Dalton's without her finding out. Which reminds me, based on what I already have, what do you think the best color for a Dalton would be?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  5. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

I would say the dark chocolate since you don't have a dark brown shoe.

Wait. How do you not have a dark brown shoe?????!!!!

There's something unicornish in my sig that may fit you ;)

1 person likes this.
  6. esk8mw

esk8mw Active Member

Bags are not on the website - need to call an outlet location and talk to someone - or go to the actual outlet store and see what they have in stock. I got the sense the stock was pretty thin but who knows.

As for Daltons, I have the Bourbon and really like them. I would get those or one of the "red" tones - merlot, oxblood, dark chili etc.

1 person likes this.
  7. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

Oddly enough I have a pair of walnut shell Daltons that I have not reached for once.

8. CaptFinny

CaptFinny Active Member

Ah yes I was looking at both pairs. Both beautiful but I can't even imagine how mad she would be if I spent even more on used shoes. Plus I need more casual shoes before I get any more dress shoes. Maybe a boat shoe...

Thanks for the info about the bags. Good to know. I wonder if I could email the outlets and ask if they have some of the ones I'm interested in. I like the Bourbon but I've heard the color doesn't stay once you polish. Not sure if there's any truth to that though.

9. Denton

Denton Senior member

Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered the black Park Avenue slim, for $69 I can't say no. The Black PA Slim is the featured bag, nothing else is $69.

For anyone who wants the killer briefcase prices, call the Shoebank directly at 262-284-7158.

10. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Haha! I'm with you. But if you're gonna get a Dalton, get the dark brown one. There's still one left in our size.

1 person likes this.
  11. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

I have several belts from Shoebank. They've all been very acceptable - most have no distinguishable flaw. I even picked up a cordovan tab belt from them. These are the best prices I've ever seen on the belts. I just picked up 2 more!

1 person likes this.
  12. garland

garland Senior member

I did find out today that the Patriot shouldn't be going anywhere. You can sleep easy now.

13. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

That is great news. I was just perusing the Shoebank sale and IMO, the Patriots at $127 are the deal of the century! (Daltons are a close second). The Patriots are fabulous loafers.

1 person likes this.
  14. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

Thanks old buddy.

There should be an MTO - dark navy suede patriot, "The Kyle"

15. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

So you tell me you're interested in "classic menswear." You have three pairs of MTO boots to wear to the mall and shell boat shoes to wear mowing the yard. Somehow, though, you are limping through life without a dark wingtip. How can this be?

There is something called a Shoebank and it is having a tent sale. It includes Jeffrsons at an insane price.

You are now officially out of excuses. Make the call.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. garland

garland Senior member

Club Monaco beat me to it! I'll take the compliment though :)

17. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

Wife just gave me her card and told me to "get what I want" for Father's Day. She meant the color of Maritimes...

1 person likes this.
  18. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

Found one in my size, too. Is it still made on the 65 last?

19. youngstyle123

youngstyle123 Member

Hey everybody,

Quick question for you AE guys.

I have the Park Avenues but want to order the Graysons online since there are none in my area. I was just wondering how they would compare in fit, given that they are from a different last. Was wondering if you think I need to order the Graysons in a different size/width or just order the same size.

Thanks in advance everybody

20. Whirling

Whirling Senior member

Based on people's descriptions of the Allen Edmonds customer service, I bought a pair of Park Avenues a couple weeks back. I noticed that there were some very subtle lines in the leather on one of shoes...a bit like creases, but not exactly. As I had never seen anything quite like that and didn't think I had done it to them, I started to think they were defects. I debated whether or not I should return them, as they generally were making me happy.

Ultimately, I decided to bring them back to the Allen Edmonds shop here in Philadelphia where I bought them to see what they said. If I heard it right, they said they were veins, but I'm not sure, as they didn't look like veins, in my common understanding. Anyway, they said they certainly would exchange them for a new pair. They didn't have exactly my size in the standard black PA, but they had a pair with the extra rubber soul. I almost went with that, but then asked if they were going to take back the old pair, could I upgrade to shell cordovan, if I were to pay the difference. They said sure, but they stock only very limited sizes. Fortunately, they had a pair of brown shell cordovan that fit me, so I got them.

I have to say the service really was wonderful. I must also say that people need to stay away from shell cordovan because it's strongly addictive.

Regards,
    Jon

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.