1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jigg

Jigg Senior member

Looks good to me.

2. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Again, those are totally par for the course w AE, even on firsts. I wouldn't worry.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  3. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Senior member

These look like an excellent pair for seconds, well worth your price. Straight laces and all.

Some Bicks4 should help the dry/rough spots.

Congrats and enjoy!

4. rostov

rostov Senior member

Walnut Wednesday. Grand-re-maiden voyaging the shell Daltons. Just got them back from getting stretched. Still a tad tight on the left pinkie, but much better than they were.

Not sure I'll wear with these pants again. Works well with calf, but not liking the look with shell.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Looking good, Eric! Not sure what's wrong with those pants. I like the combo.

6. lemmy127

lemmy127 Senior member

I'll agree with everyone else that those aren't problems to be worried about and expand that the thread breaking has no affect on the integrity of the shoe. The thread is coated with an adhesive wax and is lock-stitched, so severing the thread anywhere on the welt (or outsole) won't result in the shoe coming apart.

7. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

A cobbler might be able to put some filler on that but that would just be a superficial fix and will wear off eventually. You either have to live with it or you now have the perfect excuse to go out and buy another pair [​IMG]

8. yongsoo

yongsoo Member

heh, I'm trying to convince myself that I shouldn't :p (especially since my watch obsession is stronger than my shoe). I guess we'll see what the tent sale has to offer

9. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

Me too! Thats why I got into shoes. They are my nicotine patch to my watches' cigarettes.

10. yongsoo

yongsoo Member

in either case, we're both doomed to walking around with holes in our wallets.

11. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

Being into watches makes almost everything seem affordable in comparison: shoes, guns, archery, clothes, etc. Higher level automobile racing, sadly, makes watches look like a poor man's game.

12. hp5273

hp5273 Active Member

flying makes racing look affordable

13. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

That's probably true. Now can we get back to people posting to fret about seconds with microscopic flaws?:nodding:

1 person likes this.
  14. Maxy

Maxy Senior member

Just back from AE store during my lunch time. There was not much difference between the firsts and my seconds. Even the sales person suggested that there are great seconds and I should keep them. I showed him the loose knot, he said that is very normal(and can be cut if too long) and he guided me to remove the threads from the shoes(near lace holes). Overall as I wanted the Combination tread sole, its priced at $425 at the store(with $40 additional charge) and I got it for less around half the price. Am way happier now. Thanks everyone..

15. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Senior member

I'd suggest not cutting the threads near the lace holes reinforcing the area where the quarters split. ... unless it bothers you a lot of course.

16. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

I still can't believe you're so worried about some lose thread when the toe cap isn't straight.

17. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

Simple rule: don't cut any threads anywhere on your shoes. Stop worrying so much about it, it'll be fine.

1 person likes this.
  18. Jigg

Jigg Senior member

19. Maxy

Maxy Senior member

You mean the left shoe? I couldn't figure that one out. Can you explain pls?

I think I'll post a better picture later today and let me know about it.

20. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

Post one from straight above. In the other picture it looked like the toe cap is crooked, which happens with AE. On edit: that wasn't hard to find

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.