• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWV988

Reaction score
It's a stick figure recoiling in horror from a wall of text. What the wall of text in the picture says is irrelevant because no one reads walls of text.

I read with great interest all of MWS's "walls of text" that I come across. His ratio of constructive info to word count is among the highest on this forum.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's a stick figure recoiling in horror from a wall of text.  What the wall of text in the picture says is irrelevant because no one reads walls of text.

Speak for yourself. I read it all with genuine interest.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MWS contributes as much as anyone on SF. I for one am grateful for the depth of information that he provides. It takes considerable time and effort to go to the lengths that he does.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
I'm up to 9 pairs of Shell.
smile.gif

That is more than enough Shell Cordovan already! :)

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah, well I was answering someone's legitimate question with genuine intent.  Answering questions on shoe construction generally take several sentences.  If you aren't interested, feel free to keep scrolling.  You would be more than welcome to answer shoe construction questions more concisely next time, if you wish.  I'm not on here as frequently as I used to be, so sometimes I'm a couple of days behind.     

I think what he's suggesting is that while people appreciate your responses, maybe you could hit the return key once in a while so it's not a large wall of text.

delmar

Reaction score
I had my first experience ordering something from the new shoe bank website. I just got a pair of 12E Ashbury seconds boots in tan that came from the Charleston, SC store. They look and fit great. Two thumbs way up for the service provided by the shoebank and the Charleston store.

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey all,

Has anyone found McTavish's to be a different fit from their classic 5-65 last shoes? I have read variously that, due to the leather, they might fit slightly differently.

Ideally, I wear a 10.5C in a 5th Ave, but could also manage a 10.5B.

Yes, I have the McTavish in 9D. 95% of all my other AE's (and all my other 5 last AE's) are 9.5D.

Chris

space grey

Reaction score
Up until a couple weeks ago there was a website you could go to and check AE's second inventory. Now that website isn't working anymore. Is there a new site for that or were we never meant to have that info? Is there a way to browse what they have that's easier than emailing the shoe bank or calling?

konoyaro

Reaction score

Up until a couple weeks ago there was a website you could go to and check AE's second inventory.  Now that website isn't working anymore.  Is there a new site for that or were we never meant to have that info?  Is there a way to browse what they have that's easier than emailing the shoe bank or calling?

Search this thread for "shoebank" and you'll find the answer to your question. It's been asked several times recently.

Espi1971

Reaction score
Over the weekend purchased my first pair of AE's at Nordstrom--"McAllister"(BLK). Also ordered the matching AE Manistee belt (to be shipped).

Have to say that I like them MUCH better then the Salvatore Ferragamos that I had recently purchased. In fact I like the AE's so much that I went back to Neiman Marcus and returned the SF's (which were priced $115 higher!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads